Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Weird and Wonderful Love Story! (part 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Weird and Wonderful Love Story! (part 1)

Hello! I would like to share my weird and wonderful love story with you.

I would like to tell you the story of how I met Zachary A. and what mini lessons I learned along the way.

3 years ago, I made the horrible decision of dating the wrong man because I allowed loneliness and lust temporarily blind me and attempted to control when and who I thought God wanted me to date. I did learn many difficult lessons from that particular man who claimed to be a Christian but proved to be otherwise and that's when I decided to surrender complete control of my love life to the Lord where it rightfully belonged.

During those months that followed my permanent breakup with my first boyfriend, I frequently felt vulnerable and miserable but God protected me the whole time. Even when I was thinking about a way to temporarily end my pain and tears by a short but sweet rebound with a brand new man, God allowed Matthew S., one of my half cousins, to step into my life to teach me how to be a sincere and strictly platonic friend to a man and how to maintain that kind of friendship at the same time.

Fast forward to 2016, I took another massive step out of my comfort zone and enrolled with Lumerit, an online pre-college program offering college courses with transferable credits. It was a brand new world of social interaction with young adults my age group at long last and I was secretly terrified. I started by joining the Facebook group and felt immediately at home with the other students.

I finally joined in the student life by attending my first empower call with 7 students and other student life. Fast forward a few months, I now established myself in Lumerit and was proud of myself because I was making and keeping friends of both genders. Lumerit's student life was alive with activity and eager students who were dedicated to helping out the newbies and interacting with the others.

My favorite way of staying in touch with these wonderful students were the weekly empower calls. The empower calls consisted of a interesting topic on Google hangouts led by a student leader armed with a list of related questions and open for plenty of random opportunities for encouraged rabbit trails. I regularly attended two calls per week and immensely enjoyed the interaction of students discussing random topics.

I also noticed the young men who also attended these calls had intelligent minds and thoughtful opinions. I actually talked to a few of them here and there but didn't feel like I connected with any of them. None of them quite sparked my full interest. I kept hearing a clear no from God when I thought that I'd like to think of the young men as a possible boyfriend.

I decided to temporarily forge that rather nonsensical mindset for a short amount of time.

That is, until I accidentally met Zachary A. for the first time.

Zachary didn't automatically stand out to me at first. He actually came across as an intelligent young man with a sarcastic sense of humor who made people laugh willingly but think more deeply at the same time. A great combination of humor and timeless wisdom.

I did find myself laughing along with everyone else but I did find him interesting at the same time.

So, I did what any rational girl would do in this situation - privately messaged him on Facebook under the clever disguise of picking his mind on a few random subjects. It worked out perfectly well.

That's when we started chatting back and forth on Facebook on all kinds of subjects until Zachary finally suggested we do a phone call.

Hello =)

Your love story sounds not easy but really cute. =) Its great that you found this Lumerit group where you met nice people to talk to and also to discuss about lots of topics ^^ I am curious about part 2 XD

And I also think you have a cool writing style!

Have a nice day ^^

Comment

Thank you so much, Lune! I would like to share the part 2 of my love story on here.

Comment

Our first phone conversation went much more smoothly than either one of us expected it go. As we continued to discuss various topics in our lengthy conversations, I slowly began to develop affectionate feelings for Zachary but kept them close in my heart. Half nervous that I would accidentally spill them, so, I tried my best to hide and ignore my blossoming feelings. I saw Zachary everywhere I looked. A random empower call here. An adorable fictional couple there. I tried to find another Lumerit man who would be better suited to me but instead found none who truly clicked with me on the important matters and so on. I felt helpless when he'd provide me with his trademark goofy grin as we started having our Google hangouts chats. He was eager to assist me anytime I needed it, whether it was a computer problem to a problematic friend. The problematic friend turned out to be SB, a fellow Lumerit student who insisted on using me as her sole emotional dumping ground, which mentally drained me. Zachary heroically stepped in and saved the day by telling SB that he would be her friend. A mixed blessing in disguise. <3

Part 3... COMING SOOON!
        Last edited by AnnaCh; September 22, 2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X