i need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need help

I'm not sure where to post this (there really isn't a help/advice forum on here), but my Girlfriend recently experienced something vary traumatic and while we don't live to far apart i do not make enough money to go see here and support her through this difficult time I'm not sure if i should ask this or if I'm even allowed to ask this but i need help i wont be able to see her on my own.

i am sorry if this is int he wrong place.

If you're asking for monetary help, the answer is a resounding NO!!! We don't do that here, as it's understood that we're ALL trying to save to see our SO's. Go get yourself a gofund me, or something (but don't bother putting it here). If that wasn't what you meant, I apologize for the misunderstanding, but if it was, do not ask again.
    Last edited by Moon; June 29, 2017, 03:30 PM.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
      If you're asking for monetary help, the answer is a resounding NO!!! We don't do that here, as it's understood that we're ALL trying to save to see our SO's. Go get yourself a gofund me, or something (but don't bother putting it here). If that wasn't what you meant, I apologize for the misunderstanding, but if it was, do not ask again.
      i should've been more clear in my statement i was asking for help in the sense that i need advice on how i can raise money

Comment

I don't even see a real question, just a statement...

But I agree, we all have our own partner to see, and for some of us it's a huge distance (hence an expensive ticket) and most of us are no millionairs here.
        Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1193 View Post
          i should've been more clear in my statement i was asking for help in the sense that i need advice on how i can raise money
          Get a job? Or a second job? I don't know, to be honest...
          Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

There are websites like Fiverr.com where you can do random, little things for people for like, $5. It's not a lot of money right away, but it can help supplement. You can also try getting a job/second job like Erwin suggested.
            In the meantime, I'd focus on being there for her as much as you can. Yeah, you can't be there in person right now, but you can still call her, maybe send her flowers or something like that, etc. It sucks when we can't be there for our loved ones when they need us most, but that sadly comes with the territory. I wish you both all the best.

Comment

There are lots of things to do over the distance to show her you care. You can send her something you made our bought, or make sure to take your time every day to text/call/Skype with her and be there for her in spirit.

As for how to make money you can try to check tickets and set a goal for how much you have to save up each week/month to go see her. If possible you can take on another job.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I understand how difficult it can be to want to see the person you love and to be with them when they are going through something very difficult. It terribly sucks when we cannot be there physically with them, but sometimes when it is not possible the other person will just appreciate knowing that even though you cannot be there with them, you are giving them your time through phone calls/video chat. Make sure to reinforce in the conversation that you will be with her when you are able to.

Definitely send flowers or a "thinking about you" card.

Originally posted by Richard1193 View Post
                I'm not sure where to post this (there really isn't a help/advice forum on here), but my Girlfriend recently experienced something vary traumatic and while we don't live to far apart i do not make enough money to go see here and support her through this difficult time I'm not sure if i should ask this or if I'm even allowed to ask this but i need help i wont be able to see her on my own.

i am sorry if this is int he wrong place.

Comment

Working...
                X