Different Visa routes to meet my SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Visa routes to meet my SO

Hi guys, so me and my partner are planning to finally meet for the first time, and I'm aware we can't apply for a spouse visa as we have not met yet.. I was wondering if I will be able to apply to a different visa that will allow me to stay for at least 6 months, or if i should apply for a short term visa maybe for a month to test out how it goes?

-Thanks in advance for an advice

I'd like to just give a little bit of advice before going on about visa's too you. For your first visit you should definitely have a shorter visit than 6 months, most people have 10-17 day first visits because you don't want to be there more than that if you meet in person and don't click the way you do online (it does happen sometimes and it's always best to air on the side of caution. I read your earlier post and realise you've been dating since 2015, but still yeah always good to keep the first visit no longer than a month just in case) But anyway onto visas, your SO can visit you for up to 6 months in the UK without a visa, and you can visit him in Canada with only having to get an ETA visa which you just apply and pay for and they shouldn't have any reason to reject you. You can find out loads more information on google, I just got that from a quick google search, best of luck :3
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment