Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45 days!!!! Anxiety is setting in but I'm SUPER excited as well

Comment

It’s so sad that it’s been so long since anyone has been able to write a countdown in this thread.
      So here it goes: 6 DAYS!!!

Yes it’s true and I can barely believe it myself.
      We had plans for me to visit my wife in May/June 2020, but my flight got cancelled, obviously. And we didn’t try to rebook it due to the uncertainty if I was going to be let in the US even though I technically qualify for an exemption since I’m the spouse of a US citizen.

COVID really made us look at our priorities. We had planned for me to move to the US, but since US visa processing has slowed down significantly and all of this pandemic uncertainty, we decided for my wife to come move to Germany!! Even although the USA is not on the EU’s positive list of counties that are allowed to enter, there’s en exception for spouses coming to Germany for the purpose of family reunion!!!! So we’ve got all possible paperwork that can prove that’s what we are doing (since us citizens don’t actually need a visa ahead of travel, which would naturally prove that) and booked a flight!!!

I really hope everything goes well and they will let her in the country as nothing is really certain these days.
      I hope you guys don’t lose hope during all of this! Stay safe and healthy!!

Comment

Working...
      X