Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time flyer, going to Dunedin for a week

First time flyer, going to Dunedin for a week to be with my boyfriend
    What can I take or should I skip packing?
    How did you adjust to jetlag?
    Anyone near LA? My stopover is there for 4 hours, I could use the company..
    Any thing you think I should see while I'm there that the boyfriend may not think to show me? (He's like me, forgetful when we're excited). Ideas welcome!

It's summer, so summery clothes are good, but be prepared for rain! (It is New Zealand). You should look into taking a scenic road trip out to the mountains. The South Island is very beautiful. There's a bit to do in Dunedin but since it's a pretty small city you might exhaust the sights in a day or two :P The castle down there is kinda cool, you should check it out.

The flight from LA to NZ is pretty horrible, make sure you are in comfy clothes! and also remember how strict NZ is about bringing in foreign organic materials - declare ANYTHING, just in case!

Enjoy NZ!

Comment

Explore explore explore. NZ is gorrrrgeous

Comment

That'll be a long flight but I'm sure it'll be worth it

For jetlag, I'll usually try going to bed earlier/later (depending which direction I'm flying) for a week or so ahead of time to try and get my body adjusting to the time difference. Also, drink lots of water on your flight.
        4 hours isn't a very long layover in LA so you can probably find things to do to entertain yourself (I vote for food!)

Enjoy your trip!

Comment

I have done long haul flights fours times now - Uk to Nz- with a 1 and half hour stop in Singapore. I would suggest use the stopover time to get a room at the airport, you can usually book a room for a few hours, get some sleep then a shower to refresh you.

I don't have any tips for jetlag other than try to slot into the new time zone asap. Good luck with the flight!

Comment

Working...
          X