Eeh Cheating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eeh Cheating...

What are the chances that you would stay with your SO if he/she had cheated?
    sigpic
    Not to get clever
    but with you I see forever
    But whatever it is,
    Here's to you,
    I Love You Kid...

There is also a thread about this topic too... https://members.lovingfromadistance....light=cheating

Comment

Thank you for noticing....again
      sigpic
      Not to get clever
      but with you I see forever
      But whatever it is,
      Here's to you,
      I Love You Kid...

Comment

It would depend. Did he come clean right away or lie to me about it? Was it during a really stressful time in his life? (I recognize that there are some circumstances in life that can drive people to cheating) Was it ongoing? What is/was the emotional attachment?

For me, worse than cheating is the lying that comes along with it. It would really depend and it's hard for me to say without being in the situation.

Comment

I tried to stay once, I don't think I have the will to try that twice.

Comment

For me, I couldn't tolerate a cheater and would have to end things right then. It was actually the worst day of my life when I found out one of my exes was cheating on me and I really don't think I could handle it again. Though I really doubt my SO would do anything like that.
            1 Corinthians 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, then I am nothing."

LFAD Book Reading Challenge Goal: 26 books before January 2013
            Progress: 3/26
            Current Read: Genghis: Bones of the Hills by Conn Iggulden
            Next Read: Kahn: Empire of Silver by Conn Iggulden

Comment

No, both my SO and I have made it clear that if either one of us cheated, it would be the one thing neither one of us would be willing to work through.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

I highly doubt I could work through being cheated on, although I doubt my SO would ever do that to me. I've been cheated on before and its the worst feeling in the world. I told my SO if he ever wanted anyone else just to tell me, it would break my heart but it literally would kill me to be cheated on when he means so much to me, thinking that other some girl feels the same.

Finding myself.

Comment

I know my SO would never cheat on me. If she did though...honestly, even then, I couldn't imagine ending things with her. I'd probably think it was because I had done something, or something along those lines. I'd be hurt and sad and upset, but I would try to work through it, and do whatever I could to make things work. Like I said though, I know for a fact she would never cheat on me.

Comment

I feel kinda strange saying "been there, done that."

My SO cheated on me 2 years ago. There were select occasions when drinking and another girl were involved. A specific girl was throwing herself at him and he didn't stop her. What started as a "cuddle buddy" like friendship turned into more. They kissed on more than one occasion. She asked him to leave me for her. His family and friends asked if they were dating. Everyone wanted them together which made it harder for him. He told me a week before valentines day. I cried for a week. I was suspicious whenever he went out. I didn't want him drinking. I didn't want him near her. And sometimes thinking about it still hurts.

Then...he told her that I knew. And SHE got mad at him. We both gave him hell for a good 3 months. He had no idea if I was going to stay with him or not. He made promises to me, and was determined to gain my trust.

He knows whats at steak now. He knows how it made us both feel. That was his one and only chance. He's told me that its made him value our relationship even more. And after being out there with him, I truly believe it.

If he had done anything more than kissed her, I know I wouldn't have been able to overcome it. He knows that too. Even just a kiss was almost enough to destroy us. But he took the time to gain my trust again. He treated me respectfully. Gave me my space and anything I asked for. He answered any and every question about his actions.

Long story short...he took it like a man. But I highly doubt I could go through that again.

Comment

I've replied to this topic on a older thread. It really depends on the situation, a lot of things factor into this. But if he cheated on me, he would have to do a lot to win back my trust and me back. I can't imagine how much that would hurt, and seeing how it effects people, and how it personally effected my life.... It would be hard, Im not sure if you can ever fully get over this, but i don't know. I would never want to go through that, and would never put my SO through that pain.
                      I love you Nathan <3
                      sigpic
                      5/25/09 <3

Comment

I've never been cheated on and I've never been really in love like I am with my SO but I am pretty sure that I couldn't forgive cheating. It was the thing that tore my family apart when my dad couldn't make up his mind and my mom knew about it for 15 years of marriage and I just can't let myself become like that. So, yeah, I wouldn't put up with cheating.

Comment

I trust easily, but once it's broken, it's just about impossible to build again. Really can't imagine him be willing to hurt me like that, but if he did, there's nothing to do but move on.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

My SO knows how i view cheating, whats happened in my life and we've talked at length about it. He has never cheated and I know if he didn't want to be with me anymore he'd be a man and tell me. And vice versa. I actually emotionally cheated on my ex with my current SO. He found it so hard to deal with and honestly so did i. I couldn't forgive myself for ages that i actually started things with him like that (long story short i was trapped in that relationship and it was unfair on how i dealt with that situation)

It would depend on the situation but honestly i know that if my man ever cheated on me, he has totally lost all his feelings for me...there'd be no way to repair it. If we had kids i think i'd give him a chance but i dont want to put my kids through that. So i think our life together would end. I guess i'll know for sure if that situation ever came up.

Comment

My SO and I have had conversations about cheating, in which I told him that if he cheated, I would be gone. No questions asked. He'd be cut out of my life forever, permanently. He also knows that recently cheating almost tore my family apart. I would rather him break up with me if he wanted to sleep with someone else, than break my heart in that manner. I can forgive, but I will never forget. It took me years to get over my ex's cheating, even when I didn't find out until the relationship was already over. I will not go through that again. Ever.
                              "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Working...
                              X