Our Story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Story!

So, I saw a thread, asking when I'd realized I'd fallen in love.. And it got me thinking about our story. Sometimes, I can't keep it straight, a lot of different versions of it come out but here it is. The story of a teenage girl, trying to make sense of her life, and a guy who saw what no one else did.

We have a friend. For the purpose of this, we'll call him D. He's not got his head on straight; he seems to think that all of his problems will be fixed by enlisting in the ARMY. Anthony & I often commented on his statuses, telling him to quit drunk-texting, or telling him that he needed to stop and take a look at what he was saying. We often agreed with each other, and together, we'd give him a good ribbing or two.

There was one status.. I'm not even sure what it was about. But Anthony and I started commenting on it, at first to D. and then addressing each other. A good 50 comments later, a hungover D. commented, telling us in no uncertain terms, to quit blowing up his phone. After another 10 or so comments just to annoy him, one of us added the other and we started chatting. Somehow, we got to where it was instinct to message him. He slowly evolved into my best-friend. I was having a lot of family problems, and there was a lot of times when I wanted to pack a bag and walk out the front, never looking back. He stopped me. When I stopped eating because that seemed like the only thing I could control in my life, he convinced me to start eating again. When I was so pissed off I couldn't see straight, he calmed me down. I knew I had a crush on him, but we'd had that discussion; I was considered jailbait for him and he wouldn't touch that. hehehe, things changed, didn't they?

On New Years Eve, I convinced him to stay up until midnight with me, even though I didn't have TV so I couldn't see the ball drop, I wanted to stay up; it was tradition. We started talking about 5:00 pm. Somewhere around 10, he told me that he wanted to tell me something but he couldn't and that it hurt him. Instantly, my heart hurt for him. I told him that no matter what, he could tell me. But he resisted. Finally, I asked him why. He told me that the last time he said it, the girl used it against him. I was slowly getting an idea of what he wanted to say, but was hesitant to call him on it. I replied: Well, I'm not her. And he said "So? How's that going to change anything? And btw, it's three words." Well of course, that cemented my thoughts. I danced around my living room for a few seconds.. before remembering that he was waiting for a reply. So I told him to take a chance and tell me. So, after a long wait (read: 5 minutes) I recieved this: Ich liebe dich. I had a vague idea of what it said, but again, I wasn't certain so I googletranslated it lmao. I stared at the words on the screen for several minutes, trying to make sense of my feelings. Eventually, I came to the conclusion that somewhere, between arguing about whether narwhals were better than unicorns (he voted narwhals, I said unicorns) and talking about life, I'd fallen in love with this sweet, loving, caring, funny, sensitive, macho, detirmned kid.

My SO and I also met through a mutual friend on Facebook! I commented on her status and so did he. We commented back and forth 80 times I think haha. She was kinda mad :P But then we chatted and then met

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Working...
    X