Play-By-Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play-By-Play

I feel that it helps me feel more connected to him when he tells me everything about his day. It may sound stupid, but I love hearing about the boring things he does. It also helps me build trust in him because I do have the tendency to color in the lines darkly when I am not presented with the whole truth, especially when he ignores me for HOURS.
    Sometimes it drives him crazy and he asserts that he does not have to give a play by play of his day if he doesn't want to even though he admits that it is very had to be in an LDR because you always wonder what the other person is up to.

But I love doing that for him and I love when he does it as well.

How do you feel if he/she does not tell you all about their day?
    Do you think that it is important to share details of your day with one another?

Yes, I think its important to share details. I always ask my SO what he did that day and I tell him what I did.. it helps to make me feel like I'm still included and a part of his life rather than just some person he met once on the other side of the world.

Comment

Yea, I am one of those people who gives all of the details. So if he has to listen to me during my rundown of the day I can listen to his!
      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Yes exactly Zapookie's words!
        I love when he talks about his day when he has something he thinks is worth sharing. Most of the time its just the highlights, like he'll say went to college and zumba. Lol thats it no details. But its understandable, when you have a routine to share it again and again. But he wrote me letters in the beginning of last year, and told me about his day was sweet.
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

Oh yes, I think that's a vital way to feel connected to your partner; all the conversations between my boyfriend and I begin with asking about one another's day

Comment

Originally posted by Zapookie View Post
            Yes, I think its important to share details. I always ask my SO what he did that day and I tell him what I did.. it helps to make me feel like I'm still included and a part of his life rather than just some person he met once on the other side of the world.
            Ditto!

Comment

I think that's really important but unforunately my SO thinks different. Well in the beginning he told me what he did on his weekends, but then we had a fight because I found out that he wouldn't tell me the important things he did/where he went and with whom, so I told him that either he tells me everything or nothing.. well it's a long story, but in the end he stopped telling me what he's doing. we just have a small talk or talk about our families or what we're gonna do when we see eachother..
              it makes me sad cause I would like to have more contact with him. I want to know what he's doing everyday.. I told him this a few times, but he is really bussy with working and has to help his mum a lot at home, so that we don't have that much time to chat or stay in contact...

Comment

It's funny, with my SO and I. We ask each other how are days have been, how class was (for me), how suchandsuch was (for him), etc. I tend to be the sort to go into detail, even about the very mundane, whereas he tends to be the sort who tells me the highlights, or if it was uneventful, as opposed to listing out what he did, it'll be something like, "Uneventful, really. I did the shopping. That's about it." :P But it doesn't bother me either way. I like hearing how he's doing and what he's been up to or what progress he's making on a project he's involved with and so on, because it does make me feel more connected, but I don't rely on it to build trust between my partner and I and I don't panic if he's omitted something.

I think how important it is is dependent on each couple, and I think the level to which you go defines that as well because I think it can come off as borderline controlling if not careful.
                Last edited by Haley53; February 26, 2012, 11:16 AM.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

I do think it's important to share details as it helps me feel like I am a part of his life and understand what his life is like where he lives and not someone who is just on the computer.

My SO and I ask each other how our day was but there is definitely a difference between us. I tend to give all of these little details while he is for example.....Work was great, not a lot of traffic, what am I going to make for dinner? In the beginning I used to take it as he was hiding something but after getting to know some of his friends and seeing how he interacts with others, I have come to realize this is just him, he wasn't hiding anything. I did talk to him about it and over time, he has opened up to where he will provide more details sometimes but I learned that if I want more info, I have to ask more specific questions. When I do, he will answer them all without hesitation. Now, if he still provided basic answers, knowing how I am, I would think he was hiding something because like you, I tend to color those lines in darkly. What once was an issue for me is now a non - issue. Would I like him to give me a detailed rundown all on his own without any prompting? Sure! But, this is how he is with others and myself and I am comforted knowing that the info I seek is just a mere question away!

Comment

We love sharing details of our day. Sometimes he likes it more even than I do but I give extra details if he asks for them. I think it is part of trust...specially in LDRs. If you can't see him daily in his routine, at least you should know it, makes one feel included in their lives even if they live far away. I also love picturing him in my mind doing all of these things, it's like a movie played in my mind :P OK, I'm a weird person.

Comment

Hah, you hit me on the nail with this issue! I love having a play-by-play. Not necessarily while its happening, but at the end of the day. And I love, love, love to hear all the little details; it makes me feel like I'm actually involved in what's going on in his life even though I'm far away. We usually give each other a run down of each other's day at night before we go to bed, and he usually just says, "Nothing, school and work." Drives me crazy, cause like you, I always wonder whats happening in the middle of it all!
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree...its important to feel connected...

Comment

Working...
                        X