5 days till I'm a married woman! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 days till I'm a married woman! :D

Hi everyone! I'm so excited because in 5 days, my SO and I are getting married! My parents surprised us by offering to pay for a wedding at a nice chapel in a little town not far from our city, and putting us up in a fancy hotel there on our wedding night. The ceremony will be small and simple - my mom, stepdad, dad, two sisters, and 4 friends will be the guests. We'll all go out to eat dinner and have cake afterwards. For us, the wedding isn't the focus, but rather the marriage is. We already feel married, anyway! But of course it's nice that my parents offered to do this for us. Our original plan was to go to city hall and have dinner with family and friends to celebrate after. So we still get the small, intimate ceremony and celebration after that we wanted, but with a little fancyness to it. So, in 5 days I'll be married. We've been ready for this since the day we fell in love, and we can't wait! Just need to gather up a few things...rings and fancy little box we got to keep them in, marriage license, a cd with the entrance and exit music we decided on, and we're still lazy about writing our own vows. I want to write something personal, and they allow 3 minutes of talk-time to both people in the couple (the wedding is part of a package and since it's a chapel there is limited time), so I want to work on something personal to say to him during the ceremony.

I'm not a fancy dress girl, I'm quite the "tomboy" actually. I'm simple and down-to-earth in my ways. I never planned the "dream wedding" growing up, but I did daydream about my "dream love" and how he would possess kindness, intelligence, sweetness, a great sense of humor, be affectionate and loving, and adorable. I found him! And I get to marry him! Hooray!

Congrats! Hope you have a wonderful Wedding day.

Comment

Congratulations!
      Sounds perfect, i hope you have a wonderful day and a long and happy marriage.
      As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I wish you both the very best

Comment

Congrats!! Sounds like your wedding will be perfectly you

Comment

Aw wonderful news! I hope you have an amazing day and I wish you all the best!

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Congrats! I wish you both a long marriage filled with much love and happiness.
              "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
              Made it official: September 17, 2010
              Got engaged: January 15, 2012
              Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
              Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
              Got married: November 21, 2012
              Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
              Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

congratulations!!!!

that's so exciting for you and your SO-and your family! i wish you only the best for your marriage.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Congratulations!! I wish you all the best!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Congratulations! Your post really made me smile, it's so happy and full of love Have a wonderful wedding (absolutely post some pics for us!), and I wish you a long and happy life together.
                    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations! Wishing both of you all the very best for your big day, and beyond!

Comment

Aww, I'm so happy for you! Hope your wedding day will be perfect and you'll have a wonderful marriage!

You'd better get some pictures for us to see ;D

Comment

Congratulations!
                          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                          Met online: February 2009
                          Feelings confessed: December 2010
                          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                          to be continued...

Comment

Congratulations! may you have a beautiful lifelong union
                            Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                            And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                            ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Congratulations! May you have a lifetime of happiness

Comment

Working...
                              X