Moving Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Cost

This week I started researching the cost of renting a truck to transport all my belongings from Alabama to Florida in July. I'm totally shocked at the expense! I've been quoted anywhere from $450 to $600 to rent a 10 foot truck - and I still have to pay for gas! I guess this is an expense that I just didn't think about. We absolutely cannot afford this. Between the wedding expenses, and buying our first home, we're both completely tapped out of cash. I'm super excited about closing the distance, but dang...it's expensive!
    *Our World of Warcraft Love Story*

Can you maybe try and sell some of your stuff to second hand shops or have a garage sale?

Or maybe put anything that's not a necessity in storage first and move it when you have the cash?

I'm not sure how much storage costs in the states, just throwing ideas out there!

Comment

My SO & I are currently trying to figure out the logistics of closing the distance...

I can only imagine that moving the belongings of myself and 2 daughters from New Jersey to California isn't going to be cheap

Comment

What about on a train? ~ I live in England so don't know much about America, sorry if it's a silly suggestion!

Comment

Wow, did I sound whiny, or what? I was more complaining because I didn't plan for this expense. We both have family who will help us out. I was just freaking out the other day because of all the high quotes. PODS was upwards of $1400, and they're the first place I called - but that includes transportation. His family has offered to drive the rented moving truck down to Florida after our wedding - while we're away on our honeymoon. We will figure out a way to pay for it. It's just getting down to crunch time and the expenses are mounting up. We also just found out the home we're set to close on next week is in a flood zone. So that's a whole separate expense with insurance and surveys. The good news is that in the near future I'll be married. All the other stuff will work itself out.

rsvpnj: Start saving NOW! I'm only moving 600 miles away and I'm stressing over the expense.
          *Our World of Warcraft Love Story*

Comment

Working...
          X