Break up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break up

Hey guys! Im new to this.My bf and I broke up cause he said the distance was getting the best with him. We live 15 hours away from each other. He said It would only get harder and harder cause he is going to school this summer and traveling with his bowling league. He says he needs time to think about things. I've tried thousands of ways to change his mind but it doesn't seem to help. Do you think I am wasting my time? Don't get me wrong I am in love with this guy but I don't want to waste my time. Please tell me what you guys think! I need help! <\3

Welcome to LFAD! Sorry it has to be on these terms.

You can't force someone to be in a relationship with you. If he doesn't want a relationship, he won't get into one. I'm sorry but it's probably best to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepard-Fowkes View Post
      Welcome to LFAD! Sorry it has to be on these terms.

You can't force someone to be in a relationship with you. If he doesn't want a relationship, he won't get into one. I'm sorry but it's probably best to move on.
      I agree with this. :/ I'm sorry to hear this though.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

I agree, you cannot force someone to be in a relationship with you. It's best to move on. If it was meant to be then yall would still be together. Welcome to LFAD, sorry about the terms though *hugs*
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

Comment

LDR's arent for everyone. it's hard. It takes a lot of committment, trust and emotional balance.
            You should appreciate the fact that he was open and honest and admitted that he couldnt do it instead of stringing you along or pretending.
            everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

I was in the same situation as you, he told me he wanted some space, i gave him it, i gave him everything i could and i in the end was the only one fighting for us, for our relationship. We broke up, and i must admit the first few days are hard. Its been 2 weeks now since me and my ex split, and i am doing so much more positively i was in a 3 year relationship and he was my first love, it was so hard, but really you can live and be happy without him, trust me

Comment

Really sorry to hear this. More sorry to tell you that the things other people have told you are right. You can't force someone to be in a relationship with you. If he wanted to do long distance, he'd do it, and you trying to change his mind is more likely to push him away than bring him closer to you.

Comment

Yeah I have accepted the fact that I have to move on and find someone new. It is still a little hard not to think about him but I am getting stronger every day that passes...

Comment

Working...
                  X