I Love Him/Her Today Because...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Love Him/Her Today Because...

So, there's been an influx in problem posts lately, and while I have no issue with it and encourage people sharing their relationship problems, I figured I would post a thread that's dedicated to refocusing on the positives! Hence the "I love him/her today because..." thread!

I love him today because
    he is so incredibly supportive of my ambitions. He understands my work situation, and as hard of a time as I'm having with it, he's right there to reassure me that we'll figure it out. He told me do what I need to do, get what I need to in line, and he'll be there to support me. He also reassured me when I said I was terrified that one day he'd miss me to the point missing me was worse than no longer having me. "Never," he said. "And I mean that. Never."

So, why do you love your SO today?
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

I love him today because of his support as well. I've been having some really crappy issues with my landlady (she went snooping in my room, she's talking crap about my family to my face, etc., and I woke up to an email from his this morning saying how much he loved me, always was there for me ("Your battles are my battles "), and just saying how much he loved me. I would have gone crazy this semester without him, and he's WLAYS there for me, to listen to anything from my crazy stories to the most little minutiae in my day. He's my best friend, soulmate, boyfriend, and future husband, and to know he has my back gives me the greatest confidence and strength in the world.

Great idea Eclaire!
    "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I love him today because he encouraged me to do my school work which I'm otherwise to lazy to do. :P

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I keep thinking about all the little things he does for me. I just got back from seeing him and remembering all the little things he does to show me he loves me makes me go all gooey inside. the little things i used to never pay attention to because they werent huge romantic gestures. He's not like that and he will never be. Everything he does, everything he says to me, all of it is him showing his love for me. I love him because of everything we are together as a couple. The way we both try hard to support each other to over come this distance. I am so lucky, happy to have found someone like him. As i say to him "My beart heats for you!"

Comment

I love him today because he is taking care of all of our moving stuff while I am still on vacation. I love how motivated he is to get us into a better apartment and how much he wants everything to be set up and ready by the time I get there.

Comment

I love him today, because when I realised I had only two eggs left and that wouldn't be enough for breakfast he ran to the store to buy some. I didn't even have to ask.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I love him cause he not just compliment me how smart I am (which I am feeling at the moment that I'm not..) but I look up on his fixity of purpose and his patient. I also love him cause he said that he will pay my full ticket just to see me (cause I'm not working but anyways saved enough for the ticket).. and he loves soccer lol

Comment

I love him today because he is dedicated to making our life together possible. He has been putting in a lot of hard work and taking shit from his crappy boss in order to save enough money to move here. I'm so proud of him and I love him so much... no one else would move half-way across the world just for little old me.

Comment

A lovely thread Eclaire. So much to be thankful for.

He randomly told me he loved me this morning. He doesn't say it that often, but it means more this way. I love him today because he's so gentle.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I love him today because he's being his normal, loving self again .

Comment

I feel a bit strange saying "I love him today". It makes me feel as though I'm saying that I don't love him every other day, which is completely un true! because I never have once stopped lovingg him since I first started to However, to answer the question...

I love him today because he is my boy, and although he is going through a rough patch and isn't his totally normal charming self, I don't mind. I love him because he needs me, and because he needs something to cheer him up. I love him because he needs caring for, and because he needs something good there every second. I love him today, because he is mine.

Comment

I love him today because when he left for work after I said I love you he replied 'I love you so much too' which he's never said. Also if I can add last night he has an amazing way of talking to people to get what he wants (got our tv bill down 20£)

Comment

I love him today because he's my very best friend, the one I'd yearned for all my life

Comment

I love him today because today I'm pathetic, but he's doing his best to be understanding and supportive. I appreciate that he loves me at my worst.
                            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

(This actually happened last night, but it still makes me smile.)

I love him today because when I asked if we could Skype, he said, "It's late, and you just said you're tired. We always Skype for an hour or more." So I asked if I could at least call him before I went to bed. "I would like that." His concern for my sleep habits makes me smile. (And it's just one of the little things I love about him.)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X