Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airports (San Salvador, San Jose, Lima) and Lima

First part:

Has anyone been to Comalapa (San Salvador, El Salvador), Juan Santamaria (San Jose, Costa Rica), or J. Chavez (Lima, Peru) international airports? I have layovers in the first two and I'm arriving at and leaving from the last one and I'm wondering how easy they are to navigate (particularly when you don't speak Spanish).

Second part:

Have you been to Lima? What did you do there? Just looking for some ideas to add to our list.
    Last edited by kittyo9; May 15, 2012, 12:59 PM.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

I've been to Lima. At Jorge Chavez, the airport signs are in both English and Spanish so navigation isn't an issue. And if you do have trouble, most of the airport employees speak English. Can't speak for the other airports, though.

For stuff to do in Lima, this is a good list: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...ma_Region.html. The number 2 thing on that list, the Circuito Magico del Agua, was really fun to see. If you're into old historic sites (and dead people! ), definitely check out the Iglesia de San Francisco. Those were the two things that stood out when I was in Lima (we only spent a couple of days there).

Comment

El Salvador is small and not air conditioned so it can be really hot. It's very "central american" meaning there's people riding bikes on the tarmac and guys practicing break dancing right next to the gates. They take US dollars as well as local currency if you want to buy something.

SJO is also really tiny and there is no place to eat at all. Food sucks, but they do sell lots of expensive bags of "fancy" coffee. They make you throw out every liquid before getting on the plane. Including everything you bought inside the airport. They also re-check your carry ons and wave you down right before you get on the plane. It's a pain in the ass. They take US dollars as well as local currency if you want to buy something.

Lima is huge and really nice. I haven't been in years but I believe you can buy stuff with dollars there too.

All airports have signs in English and Spanish and also do all announcements in English and Spanish. Most people who work there will speak both languages too. You'll be fine

Comment

Working...
      X