Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there still any more LGBT couples here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there still any more LGBT couples here?

So, anyone besides me without my partner added to the forum?
    My blog: A revisit of my most successful LDR. Posting the story of us in chapters.

Yep. I'm one.

Comment

What does LGBT mean? ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly9886 View Post
        What does LGBT mean? ^^
        Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender. It's the umbrella term for the community of people who for the most part don't identify as heterosexual.

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
          Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender. It's the umbrella term for the community of people who for the most part don't identify as heterosexual.
          Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly9886 View Post
            What does LGBT mean? ^^
            Just FYI- sometimes Q is added to the end that stands for queer. I'm pretty sure this is for people who feel like they've been born the wrong gender. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

And to OP- sorry for all these heteros hijacking your thread

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
              Just FYI- sometimes Q is added to the end that stands for queer. I'm pretty sure this is for people who feel like they've been born the wrong gender. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
              That is what transgendered means. So I dont believe so.

--UPDATE--

I just found this on the wiki page for LGBT:

The term LGBT is intended to emphasize a diversity of "sexuality and gender identity-based cultures" and is sometimes used to refer to anyone who is non-heterosexual or cisgender instead of exclusively to people who are homosexual, bisexual, or transgender.[2][5] To recognize this inclusion, a popular variant adds the letter Q for those who identify as queer and are questioning their sexual identity as "LGBTQ", recorded since 1996.

I guess the Q means people who are questioning their sexual identity, not gender.

LGTB is more widely used. So I'll keep it this way so that people searching for an LGTB long distance relationship forum in google can more easily find us.
              Read my LDR story!
              Facebook
              Instagram

Comment

LOL, I was just wondering. @lucybelle.
                My blog: A revisit of my most successful LDR. Posting the story of us in chapters.

Comment

If my knowledge as someone who spent 4 years at a liberal arts college still serves (), I believe 'queer' is a general umbrella term for anyone who falls within the lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender continuum. 'Genderqueer' refers to people who feel that they don't align with either the male or the female gender binary, and thus consider themselves outside or between gender norms.

I've been told that Q can also stand for 'questioning', although 'queer' makes a lot of sense as well.

Comment

I'm gay and transgender :P. Double the confusion ;D. From what I've seen, I remain the only transgender person here, and I'm the only gay male @_@. I know this is a female-dominated site, but still ;_;!

Comment

another one, right here : )

Comment

I'm one too

Comment

Would you be up for posting pics of you and your partners? Just so we can see a little bit of each other... I dunno. I don't have many people to talk to and meeting a bit of you all could be fun...

Comment

We don't have any together as haven't met in person yet been together nearly a year tho. I can post some pics x

Comment

I'd be happy to, though you'll have to help a poor newbie like myself. How exactly do I do that? : )

Comment

Working...
                              X