So excited right now...!!! :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So excited right now...!!! :D

So, the plan had been that we were saving up so that I could apply for a fiance visa to move over to be with my SO and marry him. However, we both, and me in particular, have been having a really difficult time with this separation. I had mentioned that it would be so good if he could visit me again here before I moved, since it's been 4 years since he's been here, seen my friends and family etc. But we figured it was just un-affordable and would set us back so much. Today however, my SO told me that he's going to apply for a work and holiday visa to visit me so he can stay for 6-12months and work while he's here so we'll still be saving money (or at the very worst come out even on the other end).

Basically, this means that he's hoping to be over here by October/November and I am really, super, fantastically, over the moon, far too excited about the whole thing. At first I was upset that it would set us back a little from being permanently together forever, but it will be so wonderful just to have him here again and get to live together here for a year before I move away to the U.S to be with him. He's making a lot of sacrifices on his end for this visit, and I can't thank him enough for looking into it.

Here's hoping it all goes through and he gets accepted (no reason why he shouldn't) so that we can be together again soon.

Yay!
    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
    First met: June 13th 2006

That sounds great! I'm happy for you Hope things work out the way you want them to.
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Can believe it was wonderful news for you, it´s really great!

Comment

Congrats! My SO applied for the work and holiday visa too (via their website) and he received the confirmation email less than 24 hours later. He shouldn't have any problems.

Comment

That is awesome!!! Hope it works out for the best!!! Good luck!!!!!

Comment

That sounds wonderful! I'm so happy for you

Comment

Yay! I hope it all goes to plan
              No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

Congratulations!!! I hope it all works out.
                "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                Made it official: September 17, 2010
                Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                Got married: November 21, 2012
                Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

That's so exciting! I'm really happy for you guys!

Comment

Congrats! That's super exciting!

Comment

That's great!!! Congratulations!! I think it's a wonderful idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Zapookie View Post
                        Congrats! My SO applied for the work and holiday visa too (via their website) and he received the confirmation email less than 24 hours later. He shouldn't have any problems.
                        Within 24 hours! Wow. I thought the approval time of 6 days was incredibly short. We just have to save up some money first so he can prove he can support himself, but I'm really excited. It's not permanently together, but it's a fantastic start and will break up this awful separation we've been suffering.

Thanks so much everyone!
                        Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                        First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I hope it all works out for you

Comment

yayyyyyyy you deserve the best congratulations and all the best

Comment

How exciting!
                              sigpic
                              Not to get clever
                              but with you I see forever
                              But whatever it is,
                              Here's to you,
                              I Love You Kid...

Comment

Working...
                              X