FIRST MEET UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIRST MEET UP!

Im very curious as to how did the first meet up go with you and you SO, my mom is also in a LDR weird, met a guy threw work and from what she has told me it was quite awkward, but he is an awkward guy. lol so ide like to know how was everyones first? and what did you do? im just nosey :P

Ill throw mine out there, well me and kelsey have been talking for a while about meeting and it was pretty much clear that i would be going there due to her old school parents, her mom found out about me a few weeks before i would leave to boston. Well counting down the days with her made me more and more nervous and same with her, i had planned a 4 day 5 night trip to go and be with her. Well her mom had kelseys aunt come to the airport with her and pick me up, which i thought would start the awkwardness right away lol. Little did i know it was not awkward at all when i saw kelsey i was like man shes pretty hot lol and we started talking quickly just about everything not one awkward time at all for the whole time i was there. we hit it off real well and ever better once we were alone and could lay in a bed together, i met her friends who i have talked to on the phone and txtd a lil bit, also her mom and she enjoyed me and let me stay the last night in there house. so all in all it was alot of fun, i feel much more in love with her and im looking forward to seeing her again this march for our birthdays and april she will be making it out to california for a bit!

now lemme hear your stories!
    Last edited by Dramos99; January 30, 2010, 10:04 PM.

The first time Chris and I met, we weren't even dating. He had come to Florida on vacation with his family and was only staying about an hour away from me, so we made plans to meet up and just hang out. Well, by the time it actually came time to meet, I was already 100% sure that he was crazy about me, and that something would eventually come out of us meeting. The first night we hung out, we went to eat at a local sports bar/restaurant and then watched the movie Taken at the house he was staying in, and then I spent the night and went home the next day. I don't regret anything whatsoever about that meeting, and I'm so glad he's in my life.

Comment

When me and my fiancee met in person, we had already been in a relationship for almost 8 months, but there was still that worry of, are things going to click the same in person? Are they going to be really awkward? We weren't sure how long of a trip to have because of the worries. I wasn't working at the time, so I had the time to leave for a longer period. Cause I mean, if we DID click, chances are we wouldn't have another trip for a while, so we wanted to make it worth it. In the end we decided on a one month trip, which really loaded the pressure on for us to not hate one another in person.

She lives in Kansas and I live in BC (Canada) so it ended up being a nice and long 12 hour flight with the layovers to worry lol. To top off the nervousness, my first flight was cancelled because of a blown engine, so I had to get a completely different set of flights. I stopped into a gift shop at the Seattle airport multiple times remembering things she wanted me to pick up if I thought of it. Multiple trips because my mind was so busy with whether the in person would just make everything else collapse. >.>

After I finally landed at the Kansas City Airport, I didn't realize it would be another almost hour ride until I got to the area she lived in, and it was dark out. So I kept looking around, for like, street names that she said was near her. We finally made it to the actual area, but the driver of the super shuttle I was taking didn't know the area at all, and we drove round and round in circles, me texting my fiancee to try and figure out where her house was in the dark, until finally finding her waving outside on the steps of her house.

I was so completely nervous, heart racing. I walked up to her, and we hugged, and I sort of stepped back, and gave her a face I do, and asked, "Should I?" She nodded and said yes, and we had our first kiss. After that, she took me inside to meet her chihuahua Zoe, and we went outside for me to get better acquainted with Zoe. After that night, most of the nervousness was gone, and the rest of the trip was wonderful.

(Sorry if I got a little too rambly here lol. :P)

Comment

Andy and I met in person after over a year of talking.

We met in Finland, Helsinki where he flew to from Wales to spend a weekend with me in a hotel. I didn't tell my friends or family I'm going to meet him but when I was on my way in the coach I spoke to my mum on the phone and she just asked me am I going on a date lol - I was speechless and just admitted it then. My dad went mental when he found out I'm gonna be 400km's away from home meeting a stranger I met online

Anyway, I remember waiting for Andy at the airport and when he walked through the gate I thought he's gonna faint, he looked so white and so nervous so I sort of forgot about my fears and doubts and just wanted to take care of him... We were both worried about how things would go, what if we don't get along, what if we don't have anything to talk about, what if we don't like the way we look etc.

It turned out all of those fears were for nothing, we had the most amazing weekend just cuddling and kissing in the hotelroom, walking around the big city (we even got lost lol) and having long warm baths together and just talking about how amazing it is to finally be able to touch one another instead of looking at each other through a screen.

It was so great to see for myself that Andy was exactly the same perfect person I always thought he'd be, my soulmate

Comment

Me and Jesse met after we had been together for about 9 months and known each other for maybe a year.

I flew all the way from Finland to Washington, US to visit him, and I was really freaking nervous, since it was my first time flying alone and overseas. We decided to make the visit a month long, which I guess was a bit of a risk if we hadn't liked each other after all, but the tickets were so expensive that it was best that way.

Seeing him at the airport was beyond surreal, it felt like I was dreaming when I finally got to hug and kiss him. The first hour or so was kind of awkward for both of us, but when we got to the hotel (after driving around and getting lost in Tacoma :P) and spent some "quality time" together, it was like we had always known each other. He was exactly the same person I got to know on the internet and during those 4 weeks I just fell in love with him more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
            Andy and I met in person after over a year of talking.

We met in Finland, Helsinki where he flew to from Wales to spend a weekend with me in a hotel. I didn't tell my friends or family I'm going to meet him but when I was on my way in the coach I spoke to my mum on the phone and she just asked me am I going on a date lol - I was speechless and just admitted it then. My dad went mental when he found out I'm gonna be 400km's away from home meeting a stranger I met online

Anyway, I remember waiting for Andy at the airport and when he walked through the gate I thought he's gonna faint, he looked so white and so nervous so I sort of forgot about my fears and doubts and just wanted to take care of him... We were both worried about how things would go, what if we don't get along, what if we don't have anything to talk about, what if we don't like the way we look etc.

It turned out all of those fears were for nothing, we had the most amazing weekend just cuddling and kissing in the hotelroom, walking around the big city (we even got lost lol) and having long warm baths together and just talking about how amazing it is to finally be able to touch one another instead of looking at each other through a screen.

It was so great to see for myself that Andy was exactly the same perfect person I always thought he'd be, my soulmate

Awwwwwww

I couldn't agree more sweetheart

Tanja's pretty much covered everything there, I was SO nervous though, I was fine one the plane, but as soon as I stepped off it and I knew I was going to be meeting her in a few minutes, my God, I've never felt anything like it lol. But I calmed down after we got to the hotel and we were finally all alone together, it was magical
            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I met my guy mid-April 2008 and we got on well - fancied the pants off him in the months before that when we were just chatting online/flirting etc.

I invited him and his friends to my 20th birthday party in mid-May 2008 but as soon as I got home and we were on MSN, he said he couldn't wait that long to see me. So I went upto his on the train at the start of May for the day and I was so god damn nervous. I thought he was just gonna see me and not be interested anymore, as we were quite drunk when we first met, and you know how your vision can fail you after a few drinks! Lol! He'd been texting me before our first proper date saying he couldn't wait to kiss me so I knew he was interested deep-down, I just thought the worst would happen as I'm a natural pessimist!

We just drove around - it was a sunny day so we just sat around talking on the big green space next to the beach. I actually couldn't stop staring at him - absolutely gorgeous! He was talking crap so I just said "So when are you gonna kiss me then idiot" (ha, so romantic) and he replied "whenever you want" and then that was our first kiss!

So yeah to summarise, I was so so so nervous! But as soon as we were talking and I realised that we both had a lot of interest in each other, then it was fine!!! Told my mum I was going upto his town with two girlfriends though - as I knew she'd make a fuss over it! He came down for my birthday and I told her he was just a friend...she didn't find out til about a month after my birthday when I knew it wasn't just a little crush, that it was genuinely going to progress.

Comment

Jared and I met in person around two months after we met each other online. We gradually transitioned from email, to talking on AIM every day, to texting one each other, to talking on the phone every night. About a month after we started talking, he told me that he was going to Tennessee to visit his twin sister during spring break, and he was meeting up with a friend in North Carolina to go to a concert for the band Ladytron while he was there. I was extremely jealous that he was going to a concert with someone else when he would be so close to me, as I had a HUGE crush on him at that point, but I wasn't sure if he liked me back.

For a while, Jared kept on giving mixed signals; one minute he would be like, "If you lived in the same town as me I would ask you to be my girlfriend," and then the next day he would tell me that I needed to date people who were close to me. I realized that he was hesitant about being in a long distance relationship with someone he had never met in real life. I thought that we would never be able to meet in person, and I would be single for the rest of my life because I was head-over-heals for him and no one else could ever compare.

A few weeks before the show, I got a text message from Jared saying that he couldn't go to the concert because his friend said she couldn't go. Sort of as a joke, I replied back that I would go with him since it was only two hours away from my school, but I wasn't sure he would say. Surprising me, he said I could, but I had to bring a friend with me. I was sort of mad about that since I wanted to have a romantic date with him alone, but I asked my best friend at the time to go with me, and she said yes. After we made the plans to meet up, we started talking a lot more often, and Jared started planning what we would do when we met in Asheville. We were supposed to get there around four or five hours before the show so that we could go out to eat and visit a local museum. When I told me friend what we were doing, she called it a date and said she would end up being the chaperon, but I denied it because I did not want to get my hopes up.

The day of the concert, we agreed to meet at Jared's motel, he was spending the night, but I got there two and a half hours late! I felt so bad and thought that he would hate me, but luckily, he didn't mind. When I pulled into the parking lot, he was sitting on the side of the rode smiling with his hair covering one of his eyes. I thought he was the most beautiful boy I had ever seen, but then I started freaking out because I didn't know if he would like me. I had planned on hugging him as soon as we met each other, but it was awkward because I had to put my GPS away, and the first words I said to him were, "I need to use your bathroom!" (For some reason, I had to use the bathroom over seven times that one night and Jared and my friend started keeping count because they thought it was funny.) After I got back, he gave me a bag of Jolly Ranchers because he knew that I liked them.

At first it was extremely awkward--especially at the restaurant. But after an hour or so, we could talk like we normally did on the phone. When the show started, we stood front row against the barrier. Jared and I kept glancing at each other and flirting, and I tickled him (which he later said won over his heart ). We danced during the second band, and I could not stop thinking that I wanted him to kiss me, but my friend was there so he couldn't. After the show at 2:00am in the morning, we stood outside in the parking lot. I told Jared I had a present to give him, and I told him to close his eyes. When he opened them, I had placed a rainbow colored rabbit beanie baby in front of him. His nickname was bunny, so this had special meaning to us. He hugged me, and then he asked if he could kiss me. I was completely in shock, but somehow managed to say yes. So there we shared our first kiss. It was short but beautiful . It let me know that he liked me as much as I liked him!

When I got back in the car, my friend asked me how it was! The door was open, so she heard the entire thing! We drove back to campus and got back at around 5:30. I texted Jared that we got back. He kept on saying that he had something to ask me but he was too afraid. I could not get it out of him, but I thought I knew what it was. That night, we finally became official

Comment

Our first meeting went GREAT!

Raine and I started off as friendly co-workers for almost three years before we started talking outside of work. In May, we started exploring this a bit deeper, we had (have) a very solid friendship already, which was shifting into more. We planned on getting together sooner, but work got ridiculously busy over Summer and Fall. We do the same job at our company, me in the US and he does the EU and South Africa, so we planned on 11 days over the Christmas/New Years holiday.

I booked my flight in October, and Raine spent the next two months scared to death! He's extremely shy anyway, and we were planning on being together without an escape plan for quite a while I got on a plane Christmas night, making sure I exhausted myself with Christmas stuff so I could sleep through most of the flight, and I did, all the way to my connection in Heathrow. I waited to get nervous till I made my connection, then busied myself with doing my makeup and stuff I landed and texted him, he was already waiting, so I got through customs and found my bags. At the door to the waiting area, I wanted to throw up, but just took a deep breath and went through instead. There was Raine, we knew each other immediately, we hugged and got a cab to his place. OMG, he really thought of everything, he had shelves cleared, drawers ready, his place was sparkling clean. He bought me a pillow and a pair of slippers, and new towels. He even bought me a hair dryer so I didn't need to pack one. He got me candy and other Finnish food we'd talked about, set me up a spot to charge my array of electronics, he made sure I was completely comfortable and felt like home.

I didn't land until 4:30pm, so the first day was half over already. We got me settled and went for a walk, then just hung out and watched TV and talked. We didn't even kiss that night, but the next morning....well, y'know.

We spent a few awesome days there, then headed north, to a place called Saariselka, far inside the Arctic Circle, and stayed in a log cabin with some friends. We had such a great time! We were extremely comfortable with each other, it was easy to be with him. Everybody spoke English, so communication was no problem, and I very much felt at home there. I ate whatever Finnish food they put in front of me, and loved most of it. Going to sauna was amazing! The girl half of the other couple, Veera, and I ended up in towels and boots outside in -23F weather, skin tingling and hair frozen. Raine and I only managed to piss off the sauna elf though, hee hee! It was an incredible 5 days in Saariselka, especially considering I HATE the cold, but I loved it there. We only had one day left when we returned, and it was fun. I made Raine an American meal, stuff we'd talked about that he'd never had, simple macaroni and beef, with tomatoes, peppers and onion, and the most delicious pumpkin pie ever baked! He was SO excited and thrilled, he lives by himself and never has anyone cook for him. For the first time, I actually enjoyed doing that domestic-ish stuff for somebody and he loved it. Sadly, I had an 8:00am flight the next morning, and he had to go right to work. We were both surprised at how easy, simple, and comfortable we felt together.

So there ya go, our first meeting couldn't have been better, and I can't wait to get back there.
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Our first meeting was spur of the moment...sorta :P. We met a month after we were officially together. We were planning it since day one, but we had nothing concrete. All I knew is that he would likely be staying in my city xD. We were talking early in the morning one day through IM before he was suppose to go to class and we were plotting. He asked me to go on the greyhound website and to look at all the departures from Los Angeles to Las Vegas for that weekend and that very day for some reason. I joked with him and said "Hey look, one bus leaves in a couple hours." He said "Ok, I'll get on that one." I was so confused so I had to call him and ask him is he was joking. He wasn't and was already packing. I decided not to fight him on it and we bought the tickets :'D!

Once he got on the bus I told my mom what we did xD. She knew we were planning stuff, but she kind of just facepalmed when I told her that he was on his way. She decided that he was staying in our house, which was a huge shock to me! I come from a conservative family XP. Jump several hours later and I was waiting for his phone call so we could go pick him up. I was so nervous I accidentally changed into my pajamas XP. Well, I heard the doorbell :'D! Guess who it was XP. Turns out he took a taxi. I need to emphasize how dumb this was. I lived in a very secluded neighborhood where no one would come and help him if we were a Texas Chainsaw Massacre family.

Anyway, I opened the door and at that moment finally noticed I was in my pajamas XP. He looked, laughed, and kissed me. Yep, first one caught me a bit by surprise :P. Even though it was just quick peck, I could tell his lips were so soft. I did something I never do with anyone, I hugged him. He just snuggled me tightly for a few minutes. Finally he came inside and met my family. I took him to my room where he would stay (I would stay in the living room). This must be known, I cannot stand any form of human physical contact. I can't even hug my family. I hate it like you wouldn't believe it and never touch people. He was only there an hour and he already had me in a very compromising position xD. No seriously, I was a virgin who hadn't ever gone farther than kissing a guy (but further with women XP. They make me less nervous ;_;...) and he got to third base on day one, what the hell? ;_; He got to my anus on day 3 XP.

Ok, enough with traumatizing details :'D! I'm not sure if I should get into the boring details of what we actually did. I guess I'll summarize :P. We saw The Dark Knight! Best date movie ever ;D. Actually, my brother was there so that wasn't technically a date :P. Our date was earlier in the day xD. He made fun of an incredibly fat waitress and I tried not to laugh. Hardest thing to do ever, he's one of the funniest people I know ;_;. I discovered his fondness for chocolate that day :'D. Along for his love for Starbucks. I hate Starbucks D:<! I also found out they sold non-latex condoms near my house :O! I'm allergic to latex so this was an amazing discovery :'D. Expensive as hell though @_@. God bless birth control...

I didn't cover everything, but I'm bored of typing. He stayed from Thursday to Sunday. That Sunday was so sad! I didn't want to let him go! He left me his favorite T-shirt though. Smelled so much like him. That's where our tradition began that he would borrow something from me like a book or DVD and I'd take one of his shirts. He's a 2XL in American sizes, so his shirts fit me like nightgowns xD. Anyway now I really miss him after talking about this. I'm gonna go find a cheap and almost legal way of getting to Los Angeles now.

Comment

My version: I went to Sao Paulo with a group of girlfriends for vacations. It was wild every day since we got there, so after 5 days of not sleeping I was very tired and fall asleep on the pool one morning taking the sun, I woke up when dark already to a gorgeus men who was asking if was allright. I said yes of course and felt very embarrased because he said he was asking because he saw me when he left for work early in the morning and found me in the exact same position late at night! He walked me to my room and I was so ashamed, but to my surprise he knocked on my door the next day asking if I would like to go to dinner with him! I spend all night trying to explain to him that I am not that kind of person and that was my first time to do something so crazy hahahahaha And thats how it started.....well, thats how I remember.

His version: He says we met in the reception of the hotel when I was checking in and he says I smiled at him, I was probably just happy and well he is a men, men always think we are always smiling and flirting hahahha
                      He says later that week, we met in the elevator and he asked me what floor to press the button and I said a wrong number (that I believe! like I would tell a stranger what floor I am sleeping at!) anyway, he says we then talked on the pool bar the next day and when he asked for my name I gave an incorrect....I am not that lost! I would have remembered a third meeting the same week! But anyway, in his version I appear better than on mine

So anyway, thats how we met. But the first time we met after this was so weird. He came and I was working so had decided to go look for him at the hotel he was staying when I got out of the office, he had a 14hr flight so when I go there he was sleeping, I hesitated when knocking the door because no one opened, I thought "maybe he didnt come after all" finally after some minutes (felt like minutes maybe it was just seconds) he opened the door wearing nothing but a towel! He felt asleep after he took a shower and that is how I found him. So I walk in leave my purse on the bed and say hi with a kiss on the cheek, in Spain we give two one in each cheek so when I was about to give the second he thought I was going for his mouth and kissed me on the lips, and I backed away hahahha it was so awkard that moment, but then he just said Im sorry and I said dont be and kissed him back, and then all the weirdness and nervousness went away.

We cant afford to see each other so often, so every time we meet feels so exciting since the moment we are stepping on the plane to get to our destination where we will meet.
                      Enamorada de ti!!

Comment

this own

Comment

Obi and I had known each other online for more than five years, our meeting was well past due. I flew to Canada from Australia, and was so badly plane sick I was just greatful to have my feet on the ground (and to have had toothpaste in my carry-on lol) so I wasn't too nervous as I walked out to meet him. We were a little worried we wouldn't recognise each other, but had no problem there. He saw me and started walking toward me, when we met, I don't remember if we spoke, I assume we did though. All I remember is we hugged, and he picked me up, and it was just so natural to wrap my legs around his hips...
                          That day we didn't do a lot. I was a bit too overwhealmed to want to meet anyone, but had to meet the friends of his we'd be staying with (his parents didn't want me at their house right away). Most of the day we just walked around the local area. Occasionally we'd stop and hug, or touch each other, just facinated that this was real. It wasn't awkward, but we are both fairly shy people, so it took us a little while to get past the "is this really happening?" feeling.
                          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
                          X