Your SO's birthday! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your SO's birthday! :)

Today is my SO's birthday.. and it's the second one we can actually spend together in person! This year is the first one, we can actually be together on both our birthdays...

So what do you like to do for him/her on his/her birthday we you get the chance to be together? Do you have a tradition? Anything special?

I'm making a cake for him - his favourite.. I'll try to decorate it and write something on it, I hope it'll look good, we'll see what comes of it!

I also made him breakfast and we'll go out for dinner today with his family!

This year we decided not to give each other presents on our birthdays and go together to Disneyland instead. But it feels weird to not give him a present ^^

Last year we were CD on his b-day, so I made him a big cake with canddles on and gave him a book and a movie-card (tickets for cinema).. He made a bbq and invited all his family and friends, he said that he did it for me so I could get to know everyone

hehe maybe you could just make him a cake

Comment

We haven't been a couple for any of our birthdays yet...no idea what I am going to do for his D:

Comment

We'll get to spend his birthday together this year But he missed mine (the big three-oh) so he'll make it up to me somehow lol

Edited to add: Happy birthday to your SO!

Met: November 19, 2010
        Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
        Made it official: April 29, 2011
        Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
        Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
        Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
        K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
        Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
        Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

I was with him on his birthday last year. I'm sad that I won't get to spend his next one with him.
          Anyway, I made him a special dinner and a cake. I also got him a new watch as his birthday present. It was nice to get to spend it together.
          Happy birthday to your SO!!!
          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
          Made it official: September 17, 2010
          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
          Got married: November 21, 2012
          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

My SO's birthday was yesterday and sadly I was stuck here, although with our visit coming up shortly I'll be bringing the gifts I bought him with me and I told him that we could do whatever he wanted as a late celebration.

Notes:
            Met: 8.17.09
            Started Dating: 8.20.09
            First Met: 10.2.10
            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Thank you Captivated and princessmeg! I'll make sure to tell him your wishes!

I think it's one of the best days to be together! I hope you all will see your SO's on their birthdays soon!

Comment

A very Happy Birthday to your SO

We've spent one of my birthdays (my 20th) together so far; my SO booked a table at a lovely restaurant in Montmartre Hopefully I'll manage to be with him on his birthday too this year, although I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do or buy for him. I have a great idea for his 25th, but that's a couple of years off so there's not much point in thinking about it now!

Comment

Thank you lademoiselle! I'll tell him!

Comment

My boyfriend's 21st birthday is actually coming up, and I'll be with him then. We were also together for my birthday, but...it was while we were just dating, and not yet official or serious. He bought me a cupcake and some of my favorite candy. It's been about 6 months since then...so I'm not exactly sure how much, or what I should get him? I am the absolute worst gift giver ever. My parents raised me to be a gift card person, but I feel like that's way too impersonal. We both really love music and movies, but he illegally downloads virtually everything he wants, so that won't work. And I'm really into sweets/cakes...but he is not.

Comment

We have each celebrated 2 birthdays during our relationship. For the first one I surprised him and drove him & his brother home for the evening (his parents lived about an hour from the university we were all attending) to have dinner with them. I also made him a cake from scratch-german chocolate! (It was a bit of a challenge, lol) He had a dress rehearsal the night of my birthday, so his mom actually came up and took me out to dinner (she refused to let me eat birthday dinner alone, haha). He & I met up after and we went to the midnight pancake breakfast together one of the clubs puts on every year (and I got presents!).

We were LD for our 2nd round of birthdays... so for his I surprised him with a plane ticket home for the week. He was very excited when he found out he would be able to go home. His mom & I coordinated and I surprised him at the airport, I still remember the look on his face when I showed up! For my birthday he wasn't able to make it to visit me, but he sent me a box of goodies.

Birthdays are kind of a big deal to me, so I know I will always celebrate them with him.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Happy Birthday to your SO!!

I got to spend my so's 25th birthday with him...I made it a whole weekend affair!! Friday night I had a surprise party for him with all his friends, Saturday I had a tattoo pre booked/prepaid for him (he'd been talking about wanting a new one for months!!) and we went out for a nice dinner and spent the night just us two, then Sunday (his actual birthday) we travelled an hour and spent the day with his family. It was a great weekend

Comment

We celebrated his 20th birthday twice. Our first visit was like 2 weeks before his birthday, so our family had a little surprise cake for him. It was a really great day: he showed me Back to the Future for the first time ever and right after, I had him turn around to see a nice big homemade chocolate birthday cake (his first in years). He was so happy, it made my heart feel so warm.

His actual 20th birthday, we were our usual 5000+ miles apart. I sent him his birthday presents in a package and he opened it on skype with me.

And he came to visit me for my 17th birthday, so that was amazing :3

Comment

Happy birthday to your

We haven't been together for any birthdays yet. But as part of my gift to him on his most recent birthday, I made him a little coupon book for things that could only be redeemed in person - a massage, dinner paid for by me, etc. - so in a way we were able to celebrate together. He's been very thoughtful about using the coupons, and has been stretching them out over a few visits; he still has about half of them left. A kind of gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

Thank you Kirbycat and AliDance! I will make sure to tell him!

Lovely birthday stories everyone! Love reading them!

Comment

Working...
                              X