Famous couple you are like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famous couple you are like?

Just a fun thread. If you had to pick one famous couple, either real or from a show or movie that you and your SO are most like....who would it be?

For me and HBB its Amy and Rory from Doctor Who! I am feisty and a bit bossy, and he is sweet and bit of an idiot sometimes! :P However we are and always will be madly in love.

So, who is next?

A boring couple like us wouldn't be too entertaining on TV/movie.
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Gloria and Jay from Modern Family.

I'm fun and loud, and he's a curmudgeon.

Comment

I would say that we are like Temperance Brennan and Seeley Booth from "Bones". Before we began dating, we were friends, but everyone around us could feel this sort of tension and chemistry. They all knew we'd be together. Bones and Booth are colleagues, and were nothing but that throughout the series, but all along you could sense the tension between them and finally they became a couple.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Peg and Al Bundy Kidding, I can't think of anyone at the moment.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Shawn and Juliet from Psych maybe?

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Bonnie and Clyde.

Just kidding.

Maybe.

Comment

Noah and Alley from the Notebook. Except I'm not rich. And I didn't have to choose a handsome rich soldier.

Met: November 19, 2010
                Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
                Made it official: April 29, 2011
                Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
                Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
                Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
                K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
                Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
                Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

Hmm I don't know. Maybe Rodney and Cassandra from Only Fools and Horses

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Don't shoot me!... But I have to say Edward and Bella from Twilight. <<

You see, my SO is a goddam saint and I have called him my god more than once. He proves chilvalry is not dead and he treats me like a saint, an angel. Not to mention just what a romanic, natural born poet he is.*
                    Me, on the other hand, am so ordinary and akward and never hed experiance in relationships while he has. I am younger (by TWO years mind you! Not a hundred or whatever! xD) and I am always feeling so inferior and just unworthy of him. ;v;

So, really, they were the only coulple I could come up with. But we are still a better love story.
                    ~Tell me every day that I get to wake up to that smile.~
                    ~I wouldn't mind.~
                    ~I wouldn' mind at all.~

First Meeting:
                    December 22nd
                    <3

Comment

Is your boyfriend controlling, creepy, abusive, sexist, does he treat you like property and like a halfwit who couldn't live without him?

Are you whiny, spineless and completely desperate?

No?

Then sorry, you're nothing like Edward and Bella
                      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I'd have to say Tohru and Kyo from Fruits Basket. I'm ditzy and scatterbrained and he's supposedly very temperamental but he's a total teddy bear around me, I haven't seen him angry once but all his friends swear he can become quite the evil demon when I'm not around.

Notes:
                        Met: 8.17.09
                        Started Dating: 8.20.09
                        First Met: 10.2.10
                        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Lol Twilight... I get your point though :P I don't think we are a lot like any couple in TV, perhaps in books, but I'm way too uncultured.

Although we have very funny coincidences due to his name. His name is Ulysses like the guy in Homer's Odyssey, he was in a school called Argos (like Uly's dog), the team for his latter school is called the Troyans, he used to get along and later fought with an Hector, and now he is in a long distance relationship... not with a Penelope, but with an Aurora instead And I don't do sewing much, but I do make lots of handcrafts and I had a few guys who liked me and tried moves on me when they knew Ulysses had left.

I wish he never cheats on me with any goddesses though!

Oh, and then... accoring to Joyce's novel "Ulysses", he came back the day June 15, which is the day he came over for his last visit (also the day he left when we became LD)

There's also some slight similarity with yet another Ulysses, from the mexican film "Amar te duele". He is a shy artist of a low economic position, who falls in love with a medium-high economic level girl, Renata. Kind of like us :P he's shy, he's an artist, and he's not poor but he is mid-low, and I'm mid-high and less shy than he is, just like Ulises and Renata :P

Comment

Marshall and Lily from How I Met Your Mother. At least for the first two seasons (including the breakup and get back together business :P). I haven't watched the rest of the seasons yet so my opinion may change but right now I see a lot of similarities.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

If I had to pick couples I wish my SO and I were like (not that I'm not perfectly happy with how we are, and anyway, TV couples aren't realistic), Marshall and Lily from HIMYM would be up there in the list, behind Pam and Jim from The Office

Comment

Working...
                              X