Getting married the "right" way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, why'd you let me read that?!
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Woah, how judgemental can someone be in one article? I hate it when people that think that 'their way' is the right way blah blah blah.

I wish i hadnt read it now.. XD

Comment

I thought of waiting for marriage more as an optimistic goal, but as a realist, I didn't expect to actually do it.
        I lost my v-card to the guy I'm still dating three years later and I regret nothing. Whether or not we get married, I'm glad I lost it to him.
        I support everyone who decides to abstain until marriage, but shouldn't they support me, too? It's my choice, regardless. No one can make me feel guilty about what beauty has passed between my SO and I. Yay for being promiscuous charlatans! It does have a nice ring to it, Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
          Us "harlots" have more fun!! WooHoo for being a promiscuous charlatan, it has a nice ring to it.
          Hear, hear!

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
          -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
          \

Comment

I hated the whole "No, we didn't pull a Bill Clinton..." part. Considering multiple definitions of what "sex" is is NOT the same as having an affair. (And even then, I hate that American politics over the past several decades has relied more and more on judging them based on "character" rather than on their politics. FDR had a mistress, you don't see anybody bashing him or having tried to impeach him.)

Regardless, though, the more important part of why I take issue with the remark is that it assumes an unhealthy view of how to draw personal boundaries of intimate interaction. If you didn't "pull a Bill Clinton" (i.e., discount oral sex on par with sexual intercourse), then did you not count masturbation, either? Because according to your publicly-announced moral standards (i.e., listening to what Christian sex-ed publishers write as their interpretation of the Bible [which, by the way, was also just some human's interpretation of God] instead of listening to yourself and your relationship with your deity), masturbation counts, too. And why didn't you count kissing, too, like the couples on TLC (who were ridiculed for their naivete on national television)? How important is a public announcement of "saving yourself" when TLC's audience is going to laugh at you on your "perfect wedding day," anyway?

Can't wait 'til his wife is tired of his self-righteousness and either cheats on him or does him the favor of divorcing him before she finds someone who's well-adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by mawlz2012 View Post
              Can't wait 'til his wife is tired of his self-righteousness and either cheats on him or does him the favor of divorcing him before she finds someone who's well-adjusted.
              That's a good observation. He obviously has a distorted view of sex and women who can either be nuns or bimbos and are at fault for corrupting young men. He may see his wife as a being of supreme light and chastity right now, but it's a terrible burden to bear for years to come, especially knowing that considering his judgmental misogynist standards, you'll be discarded to the harlot category as soon as you do something which disagrees with his views.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Not to be mean or anything, but... when he asserts that their wedding night was amazing, he's just speaking for himself. I'm not saying all virgin men suck at sex the first time, so don't get me wrong, but he really doesn't know that his wife enjoyed it as much as he did. And I have a feeling he doesn't really care much if she didn't.
                I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

That article makes me want to facepalm...

Comment

I don't know about you guys but I'm a big, sometimes livein, harlot.

I have no problem with that whatsoever.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Here's the jezebel article making fun of this guy's fox news opinion article. Some pretty funny comments if you scroll down.

Comment

I got half way throught that piece of "news" before i had to stop because my children are here and i dont curse in front of them.
                        But here, they cant see!
                        WHAT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT ARTICLE!
                        Is he seriously for real? But then again it is Faux oops i mean Fox news.

Now, excuse me while i go and hussy it up.
                        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

one of my michaels friends looked at him and said, i dont know how you could ever love and marry someone who isnt a virgin and has had sex. Well I have only ever slept with my SO, Im not putting out to anyone who asks. Some people just are dumb.

Comment

That makes me so angry! Sure that's what him and his wife wanted, good for them, but going so far as to judge that other couple and saying that their wedding wasn't as special, that's just not right! I gave my SO my virginity when I felt comfortable to do so. I wouldn't trade it for the world, and when we get married, our wedding (and wedding night) are still going to be amazing!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elizabethjp2010 View Post
                              Well I have only ever slept with my SO, Im not putting out to anyone who asks. Some people just are dumb.
                              Even if you were, he still has no right to freely comment about a sex life that isn't his own. I really don't get people sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by elizabethjp2010 View Post
                                one of my michaels friends looked at him and said, i dont know how you could ever love and marry someone who isnt a virgin and has had sex. Well I have only ever slept with my SO, Im not putting out to anyone who asks. Some people just are dumb.
                                And it's alright for you to love and marry his friend even though he isn't a virgin either? There's no questioning that? Urgh.

The guy who wrote that article is a jerk.

Comment

Working...
                                X