No announcement yet.

Getting married the "right" way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are so backward in their way of thinking. It amazes me some people that think this way don't act even more like they're from the 1950's and before. They're so frustrating and it makes me want to facepalm too.

Comment

Don't have sex with each other for a month before you get married and it will feel like a lifetime. You get the same wedding night feeling but without all the lack of sex in the beginning :P That's my plan and I'm looking forward to it.

And yes, very obnoxious article. But I'm glad I read it. I like hearing different peoples opinions even if they're wrong :P
      Our Story
      Met on www.chat-avenue.com on December 27, 2010
      Met in person on Decemeber 29, 2010
      Long distance from Jan 2011-March 2013
      Lived an hour away from each other March 2013-June 2013
      Living together June 2013 -August 2013!
      Long distance from Sept 2013 - unknown

Living happily in a monagmish relationship since December 29, 2010

Comment

Hey, Cracked.com just did an article about the "7 Stupidest Ways We're Promoting Abstinence" and featured this article (#3)! :P

https://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-s...abstinence_p2/
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
          Hey, Cracked.com just did an article about the "7 Stupidest Ways We're Promoting Abstinence" and featured this article (#3)! :P

https://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-s...abstinence_p2/
          "His Holy Genital Activation Slip" <---- this phrase just made my day!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kristin91 View Post
            and when we get married, our wedding (and wedding night) are still going to be amazing!
            Could even be better for it... in some ways... Also, it seems putting so much pressure on the wedding night is kinda ridiculous...

Marriage should be about more than just sex...

Waiting until marriage is one thing, but the way he promotes it, and the way he presents it, just cheapens marriage in a way. It becomes all about the sex as opposed to the lifetime commitment he has just made!
            First met online: June, 2010
            First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
            Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Third visit together: August, 2012
            Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
            Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
            Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
            Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

He's a fuckin ass. Overall the artical made me pissed. I bet she will cheat on him cause he refuses to touch her lol. Really it's okay to wait for marriage on sex, but my friend saw this on tv and said that he WOULDN'T EVEN HOLD HER HAND! Really? I'm surprised she stuck around. Physical contact is a way to show your love, and no women is a whore for it. He takes it overboard ,even religious pricks have limits,and this man dosnt. It's just full out 'I'm a virgin so your a whore for not being one and for wanting to have physical contact with the man you love' ,this full out made me want to shoot the bastard. I'm no whore but his wife might be after he refuses to touch her on their honeymoon.

Comment

I am so tired of certain people pushing their religion onto the mass population. Its one thing to have a set of beliefs that you live your life to and completely another to condemn I'd say most of us to hell for not following in suit. To those people who wait, go them. Its a personal choice they made. Just like its a personal choice that some of us made to have premarital sex.

This crap makes me so mad, its like the arguments about abortion, and same sex marriage. OK I get it, you don't support it, but let me have my own opinion!
                "You want for myself
                You get me like no one else
                I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                Even in the darkest part of me
                I am beautiful with you
                Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                You're here with me
                Just show me this and I'll believe
                I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

Originally posted by Michia View Post
                  Fox news....I really don't expect anything better than this relf-righteous drivel. As a Christian, I know that this type of finger-pointing does nothing to spread the gospel and bring people to know Christ as their savior.

I think that many Christians have the wrong interpretation of Jesus' sermons on judgment. As Christians, we can and should "judge" one another. We are to point out the sins we witness by others. The judgment Jesus spoke of was hypocritical judgment as well as judgement of the facts. Christians can and should judge others, but not if they are morally astray themselves, or without the truth/facts.

As for the guy who wrote this article, his delivery is less than welcoming to non-Christians and insulting.
                  The part about its ok to judge others is false. And even if it was true what gives anyone the right to judge others. As a Marine I fought in many different regions of the globe. I have worked a long side pretty much every religion and to better understand those who I was working with asked questions and studied their religions. But one thing that is comman is not to judge others. Also every religion or sect has nut jobs like the writer of that article. One thing I have figured out about life is live with no regrets. So if you want to go for the leader board go for it if you want to wait wait, but don't judge others for their choices or beliefs. Oh and yeah I lost mine at 9 so I guess in that guys eyes I am totally screwed come judgement day.
                  I Love My Beautiful Sonya!!!

Comment

Hilarious! Wow. I love how he uses that other, icky, sex-crazed couple as a contrast. I'm not sure why this guy thinks a little genital-bumping is going to ruin your futures together.. If he's writing this as a way to "get back" at all the other people judging his relationship, he is a small, small man.

To the guy who wrote this, everyone is going to be judged for their choices. You know what you want from your life and your marriage, so why are you coming off as so insecure?

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Ben (Bun) View Post
                      The part about its ok to judge others is false.
                      This is fairly off the topic of this thread... and as I am a newer Christian, I may be a little off in my facts. But from my understanding, Christians are called to judge other Christians. We are called to hold those with the same beliefs as us to the same "level" we hold ourselves. While I agree with the "don't judge others", I amend that to "don't judge those who don't have the same beliefs as you". Unfortunately, it's human nature to judge each other. It's what we do-and I get that. I'm guilty of it as well, although I'm certainly not as vocal about it as others are.

I admittedly don't know a lot about other religions, so I can only assume that their views on "judging others" are similar to that of Christianity. Which, IMO, is the "right" way to judge others.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                        This is fairly off the topic of this thread... and as I am a newer Christian, I may be a little off in my facts. But from my understanding, Christians are called to judge other Christians. We are called to hold those with the same beliefs as us to the same "level" we hold ourselves. While I agree with the "don't judge others", I amend that to "don't judge those who don't have the same beliefs as you". Unfortunately, it's human nature to judge each other. It's what we do-and I get that. I'm guilty of it as well, although I'm certainly not as vocal about it as others are.

I admittedly don't know a lot about other religions, so I can only assume that their views on "judging others" are similar to that of Christianity. Which, IMO, is the "right" way to judge others.
                        No. You shouldn't judge people. I'm Christian,and I don't judge people, Christians can have different opinions from each other too, beliefs are different for each person, we may both be Christian and not have the same exact beliefs. Stating your opinion about others is okay, disagreeing is okay, judging people isn't. It only causes problems, you can tell people your opinion but I don't believe you can say people are wrong just based on your opinion. Your opinion is not a fact.
                        Last edited by SonyaKitty; October 5, 2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I'm Catholic so maybe it's a little different but I was also taught not to judge others.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" comes to mind.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                          Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                          Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                          Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                          Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
                            The problem with this quote is that those holier-than-thou personalities would most-likely believe themselves to be without sin...

I think this is a case of "haters gonna hate"... No matter how they disguise it in their self-righteousness...
                            First met online: June, 2010
                            First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                            Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                            Third visit together: August, 2012
                            Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                            Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                            Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                            Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
                              I'm Catholic so maybe it's a little different but I was also taught not to judge others.

(This is also in response to Verojoon as well) I'm not saying I haven't sinned. I'm just saying if one of my good friends, who I know is also a Christian, makes a decision that goes against a belief that Christians have/follow, I would probably be very upfront with them about it. If one of my friends, who I know is not a believer, makes the same decision, I would not confront them the same way I would my Christian friend.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

From what I can remember, the Catholic take is that you can judge (to better) one another, but only amongst fellow Catholics.

And lyonsgirl, are we talking about the same branch of Christianity here? It's silly for a Catholic to criticise a Protestant (under the Catholic ideals), for example. Assuming that you and the person in question are in the same church, then that's ok in my book.
                                Last edited by Tooki; October 5, 2012, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X