This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you wear?

Okay...so I am leaving in less than four days to see my boyfriend for the very first time. Mind you we've been friends for a very long time but we're still relatively new to the relationship aspect of our connection and I am actually REALLY nervous about what I should wear the first time that he sees me. Things to keep in mind: I am getting up super early and driving to the airport, I'll be on 2 planes for a total of about 6-7 hours and will have to walk through airports, but I still want to look cute and not like I just rolled out of bed! I obviously know the whole 'freshen up in the bathroom' thing when you get off the plane, but I could use some solid ideas for my wardrobe on that first meeting! Ladies, HELP! Even men, what would you find ideal for your gf to wear?
    Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
    Dating: December 2019
    First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
    - Florida Georgia Line -

When I first met my SO it was the first date I'd ever been on so I wanted to look my absolute best, I wore a skirt that he had told me he loved on me and a cute top. As for what you should wear, wear something comfortable for the plane rides and pack what you want to meet your SO in, in your carry on. As for what you should wear that's all up to you, wear something you can be yourself in and something that makes you feel pretty whether it's pants, shorts, a skirt or a dress.

if you feel beautiful your SO will most definitely think you're beautiful.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Oooh Sora, I didn't think of putting what I want to wear in my carry on! I was so worried that by the time I get there my clothes will be all wrinkled and stuff but if I bring them with and change when I get there it won't be like that! Thank you!!
      Jacob&Heather

"Simple as can be."
      - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

No problem just here to help

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I wore this long maxi dress. It was perfect. super easy for security, super comfortable, and I wore it with a sweater for the airplane and strapless as soon as I hit the Texas heat!

It was kinda like this but a black and white pattern:

First met online: June, 2010
          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Third visit together: August, 2012
          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

If you go with putting clothes in your carry-on, you might want a sample size (less than 3 oz) of something like Downey Wrinkle Releaser, a light spray and a shake will get rid of any wrinkles and give your clothes a nice, fresh scent.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Oooh, good idea Moon! You ladies are smart!
              Jacob&Heather

"Simple as can be."
              - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Good call on packing things in the carry-on; I wanted to wear heels and skinny jeans for the first time we meet (because he's tall and I'm super short) but I didn't want to walk through airports and be on planes in those, wayy uncomfortable.

Comment

Packing clothes in the carry-on sounds like a brilliant idea! I've been thinking about what to do myself as well, since I will be travelling from here in December (which equals at least -20) and walking around in fancy clothes is going to be both freezing cold and not so very comfy on the plane xD BUT, when I land in Buenos Aires it will be in the smack middle of summer with like +30 degrees and high humidity, so I don't really want to get out there in jeans and stuff either :O But, packing in the carry-on sounds like a brilliant idea! And you should so keep a lookout for some of that spray that Moon told you about, they're usually great!

Met online: February 2011
                  Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

I'll run to Target after work tonight and pick some up, that's definitely a great idea!
                    Jacob&Heather

"Simple as can be."
                    - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

I like some of these ideas! Will have to use for my next trip

Comment

I'm not leaving for almost 3 months still, but I'm already thinking about this! Hahah, I know it doesn't really matter and it's not like he cares, but still...

I usually leave without any makeup on, that way it doesn't get all mushed out on while sleeping on the plane, and then I put on some moisturizer and a little bit of makeup to look alive when I arrive at the destination airport...

Comment

Working...
                        X