Australian youth mobility Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian youth mobility Visa

I'm looking into perhaps applying for this visa as I graduate this year and would like to spend a year in Australia.

Could anyone give me any tips on applying from the UK, I really have no idea where to even start... (my US visa was all sorted out for me by my uni) or any personal experiences about the visa its self?

Thanks
    Si tu n'etais pas la
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Je ne connaitrais pas
    Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
    Quand je suis dans tes bras
    Mon coeur joyeux se livre
    Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
    Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

I'm pretty sure that you can apply for the visa online. You will probably need to do a physical at an 'approved' practitioner (but they would be abundant in the UK).

I know that you can work at a single employer for 6 months at a time. If you want to stay for a 2nd year, you can do 3 months of work in the food picking industry in the country. Unskilled waitering/bar work is easy to find. Where were you planning on staying when you are over?

Comment

One of the big cities, Sydney or Melbourne. Perhaps Brisbane. I've not really done a hell of a lot of research into yet, I assume fruit picking would not be easy to come by in some of the larger cities? I do have quite a lot of waiting and bar work experience though.
      Si tu n'etais pas la
      Je ne connaitrais pas
      Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
      Quand je suis dans tes bras
      Mon coeur joyeux se livre
      Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
      Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

If you are in Sydney or Melbourne, unskilled worm is abundant. (I recommend Melbourne, but living in both cities for a time would be a great experience.) From what I've heard, the job market is weaker in Brisbane.

Fruit picking is mostly in the country. There is a lot of it in Queensland, but also in rural NSW and Victoria as well.

Your previous experience should (hopefully) help you out. Employers here want Australian experience, but as I said there is tons of bar/waitering work to go around.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X