Success story in the making...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success story in the making...

I'm Diana, and I met my now bf a while back online, on a website I entered with a friend just to laugh at ppl and have some fun. He sent me a request to connect 2 times before I clicked yes, after that we talked using various IM programs for hours everyday (you had to be a premium member of the site to do so there)... We talked for a whole year before even discussing him comming to visit (when I say WE discussed him comming to visit lol, my parents being mexican said HELL NO! You are not going to a different continent to meet with a stranger -sigh- parents...)

We were both in university, in different continents, roughly the same age (He is 41 days older)... but yes, to my family's eyes, we were complete strangers, and to be honest I get them, my parents met at university dated "formally" for 6 years and then got married... so yes I got them but well.. there was only one solution, he HAD to come meet my parents so they could see what I did. We planned and planned... and by january 2008 (01/07/08he got here at 9pm -tho he WAS the last person to come out of the plane) he came! He stayed here in my family house with me for 3 whole months, but we didn't considered it was MY last semester in university, so I still had some classes... Argh! Stupid life, didnt it realised I had more important things to do!? LOL
    Anyway he stayed 3 amazing months... we traveled parts of my country I had never been in, Life was the best... but then he had to go... He left april 11th and we continued our video chats... our letters (yes snail mail... you have no idea of the thrill to wait for the postie to bring you a piece of paper that has been in his hands, his love in every letter in his beautiful (to my eyes) handwriting... Breath of life...) I have to admit i was a bit depressed when he left... I didnt really have a date for the next time we'd be able to hug, or hold hands... thats what gets me the most... you see people in the street all the time, fighting, or just not wanting to be with their partners... what id give to hold his hand you know?

So in mexico to get your diploma you need to take a test, like the bars for lawyers... but before you have to finished and in some cases publish an article before you can do so... so I made myself do it in RECORD time... it took me 2 months and a bit of lying (nothing mayor, just said I had a job offer and needed my diploma so they moved my exam sooner, didnt harm anyone i promise) but i got it... As a present for my graduation my parents sponsored a 6 months stay with him... It was AMAZING best 6 months ever (like every day im with him) and then when those were over he came with me 6 months. So yep a whole full year together... it was amazing, then well we were living on savings and savings dont always last forever, so he had to go back, and work some more and so did I he went back june of that year a week before my moms birthday and I stayed broken hearted... but somewhat reassured because I knew I would be going there, just didnt know exactly when, the plan was I would be there by august.
    But life is life, and I had an amazing job offer... and since we were struggling with funds, it didnt make any sense for me to say no to it.. I took it and then well then september came...

I got a call on sept 12th -this is 2010 now- my parents and younger sister had been on a really bad car accident, thankfully they all made it if with some serious injuries but well my flight got cancelled and i stayed taking care of my family... HERE i decided I couldnt be away form them, cause what if I hadnt been here this time... what if... whatever... I made it to the uk Dec 2nd on the day london decided it didnt want any visitors... all airports closed but 2, and all flights over booked... I stayed in the airport to see if by chance a seat came available, and it did... so i got to england but i had told everyone my flight was cancelled sooo... i didnt have a ride home. My bfs dad tho works in london and drove about 50 mins from his work to pick me up at the airport...a nd i got home wet, cold but to a very surprised bf it was great!
    Then i came back in may 2011... and he got here in november... he stayed for almost a whole year... wich cost us a trip to belize to renew his tourist visa... and a whole lot of driving... but amazing vacation if you have never gone on a roadtrip WOW it was fantastic... but yes that renewal of tourist visa can only be done once... and now hes gone... hopefully and according to our lawyer for the last time... he left october 17th at 9.30pm so there... thats were we're at.

I know in my heart we ARE a success, we're just taking a bit longer to get to the final destination, We have been together for 5 years, 9 months, 8 days and of those, we've had about 3years give or take together, by traveling, spending savings to be together for long periods of time at a time. We rekon we'll settle in Mexico, not only is easier in theory to get him a visa to live here, but its cheaper and with better weather :P

I can't say there has never been a moment of doubt in my mind, the has been many in all likelyhood, but the thing is we have worked through them and we know it can't be easy but it is worth it for us... all the doubts from other people, the question marks in our family's faces... All to be together and start our family like we want to.

We are a succes because against all odds, I found my soulmate in a different continent, completely by chance when life's going so fast people forget to eat, we found eachother and aren't letting go So here's for the success stories in the making, just because we're geographically challenged doesnt mean ours is not a complete and meaningful relationships...

Sorry I wrote so much... Im just in a weak moment of self pity, I just woke up today and missed him more... It does feel good to know there's other people out there making magic happen you give me hope... Well no... HE gives me hope, but you, you make me, I don't know, you make me feel I'm not entirely crazy...

So please, be a lamb (loove the expression sorry) and share with me YOUR stories of love and support, and receive my hugs and prayers that your relationship grows stronger with everyday you go to bed missing him/her. Hold him tight in your mind and use s pillow in his sleeping place... it helps.

So yes I love him...

Wow, you two have been so lucky to be able to spend so much time together. Good luck with it all!

Comment

We are, and have been. Thank you... and Good luck and congratulations on your 3weeks &6days till seeing him again Im 4 months, 7 days from the Dday

Comment

Thank you! After my last two exams next week, I'll be counting down the days until I fly back.

Comment

That is a great story to read!! And it is amazing how good everything worked out for the both of you!! You got to spend so much time together in person, that's really awesome!

My bf is Mexican too, from the North, and we also got to spend some good amount of time together already...

Comment

Working...
          X