• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are some that we picked out. (:

Processional- Concerning Hobbits
    Recessional- I was Made for You

Introduction to Reception- I Do

"Our Song" because there is no dancing at a Singaporean wedding- Such Great Heights (my friend is performing for us!)

Comment

Marry Me by Train.

Comment

I was very lucky and my venue is one of those all-inclusive venues. They do the linens, catering, flowers, dj, etc (almost everything!). I had a meeting with the coordinator, and this is the list he gave me for what needs songs for just the reception:

1. Introduction Song
        2. Bride and Groom First Dance- we're using Bruno Mars's "Just the Way You Are"
        3. Father/Daughter Dance- "I Loved Her First" by Heartland (it makes me cry every time I hear it)
        4. Mother/Song Dance- my husband doesn't want to do this, but I think I'll make him anyway.
        5. Parent's Dance (I didn't know I needed that)
        6. Bouquet Toss
        7. Garter Toss
        8. Cake Cutting
        9. Wedding Party Dance (need to find out what that is!)
        10. Last Dance/Exit Song.

There's lots of things that need music for a wedding. It's pretty ridiculous. As you can see, I'm in the procrastinating party too, but I only have slightly over five months to figure this all out. Guess we'll figure it all out when I'm in England. Wedding planning is the bane of my existence right now. I'd much rather focus on my visa.

For the ceremony itself though, these are some songs that I'm considering:
        1. From Here to the Moon and Back- from Joyful Noise
        2. We are Man and Wife- Michelle Featherstone
        3. More than Anyone- Gavin DeGraw
        4. When I Say I Do- Matthew West
        5. I Swear- John Michael Montgomery
        6. Amazed- Lonestar

There's a few more somewhere, but I forgot what they are. Luckily, one of my friends knows all of the ones we're considering. I'll ask her for the full list.
        Last edited by princessmeg1328; December 4, 2012, 09:47 AM.
        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
        Made it official: September 17, 2010
        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
        Got married: November 21, 2012
        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 13000km View Post
          Processional- Concerning Hobbits
          Um. Love this idea. I maaaaaaaaaay borrow it. Or choose another LotR song. Nix would LOVE it... LotR, HP... hmm. My wheels are chugging now!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

In my country weddings are so different from almost all the people here
            But i would love to suggest wedding songs.
            Marry you by Bruno Mars
            Stuck in love with each other by Shontelle and Akon
            Breathless by Shayne Ward
            Perfect two by Auburn

I dont know where you can fit these songs in ceremony but you should at least listen to these songs if these can be of help.

Comment

This is what I've always wanted as my first dance song, a lovely classic And I know it was on the Friends episode where Phoebe got married, but I swear that's been my choice since I was a wee thing!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Just thought of another one yesterday-- "I'll stay with you" by John Legend.

Comment

Gosh thanks everyone These are great suggestions so far. Still busy listening to them all!
                  Read my LDR story!
                  Facebook
                  Instagram

Comment

you are welcome and let us know about selected songs when you are done with selection

Comment

I think Wedding songs need to be quite personal to you both! Plus it depends what kind of music you're into. I know, if we ever (hopefully) get married, we'll be having a rock'n'roll handfasting! A few of the songs I know I'd want are these, but I don't know how I'd choose! :')

I'll Follow You - Shinedown
                      If You Only Knew - Shinedown (This is a great LDR song, especially for MilSO's)
                      Miracle - Shinedown
                      Far Away - Nickelback
                      Never Gonna Be Alone - Nickelback
                      Won't Let Go - Black Stone Cherry
                      You - Black Stone Cherry
                      Sing For Me - Yellowcard
                      I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons
                      Hearts Burst into Fire - Bullet for my Valentine
                      Swing Life Away - Rise Against (I know this one means a lot to him <3)

For Father and Daughter dance it would have to be 'Father and Daughter - Paul Simon'

For walking down the aisle, I think the most traditional we'd go is something instrumental by Apocolyptica, maybe one of their Metallica covers...

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                        Just thought of another one yesterday-- "I'll stay with you" by John Legend.
                        I looooooove this song so much. John Legend is amazing.

Comment

I actually managed to settle on a few songs for the ceremony!

Old Friends (used on The Hobbit) - I'll be walking into that
                          Up - Married Life - During the signing of the register
                          We have yet to find something for the exit though.
                          Our first dance will be to May I - Trading Yesterday

we arent doing the whole mother/son or father/daughter dances. We still have to find some more music for cake cutting and other bits, but so far we're on a roll!

Comment

I really love this song Good to You-Marianas Trench and am planning on having it somewhere in my wedding when I get married, but haven't had a need to plan specifics yet haha!

Comment

Eek! I'm stuck on this now - choosing wedding songs! Wedding in 4 wks!
                              Met Online : July 2013
                              Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                              2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                              3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                              Proposal : December 2014
                              Closed distance : February 2015
                              Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Working...
                              X