First time meeting:What to look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time meeting:What to look like?

Girls: First time meeting your SO, do you go naturally or wear makeup?

Boys: Would you rather the girl be natural or wear makeup?

Girls: If you picked makeup,... are you scared of it running?
    Us: Saleana & Jason
    Ages: 18 & 19
    Met Online: June 14, 2010
    His Feelings Started for me: June 14, 2010
    My Feelings Started for him: July 6, 2010
    First "I love you": January 17, 2012
    "Officially together": February 1, 2012
    Met First Time: HOPEFULLY March 14, 2013 (already booked the flight)
    Closing the distance: No Idea

The first time I met my SO I didn't wear any make-up at all. I didn't own any back then, so it didn't even occur! He didn't mind in the least.

I'd go with what you're most comfortable with; what do you normally wear make-up wise? I think a bit of eyeliner and/or mascara to draw attention to your eyes is always nice

Comment

When I first met my SO I just wore a bit of light foundation and straightened my hair.. His flight landed at 5am so I would look a bit strange fully made up picking him up at that time of the day lol.

I also wanted to look like 'me', we had webcammed a lot without me wearing makeup before our first meeting.. But I wanted a bit of foundation to cover my breakouts and give me a little more confidence.. I was super self conscious and nervous anyway though!
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

The first time I met my SO I wore makeup [just the light stuff] but I know when I fly to see him in March I'm going without since I know I'll cry a lot since we haven't seen each other in nearly two years. I guess whatever makes you feel the most confident is what you should do. I don't need makeup because my SO loves me and it's too much hassle now lol.

Comment

I'd go with what your norm is. I usually wear a medium amount of makeup so that's what I did. I was also quite dressed up for 6:55am but I didn't care

Met online: 1/30/11
          Met in person: 5/30/12
          Second visit: 9/12/12
          Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

The first time I met my SO I didn't even have a change of clothes with me let alone any makeup, I had an overnight bag but my ride never came to take me home so I could pick it up before I went to meet with my SO so I was totally screwed.

Although the second time I did wear a bit of eyeliner which I didn't really have to worry about running because it's just not that kind of makeup.

Notes:
            Met: 8.17.09
            Started Dating: 8.20.09
            First Met: 10.2.10
            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

The first time I met my SO I work a bit of cover up and some eye liner and mascara for the make up. My outfit was just some jeans, just a plain shirt, flip flops and small earrings. Simple but nice looking.

Met Online: 02/2012
              Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
              First Met in person: 09/22/2012
              Started Dating: 10/30/2012
              Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

I don't ever wear makeup, so none of that for me.
                When we first met he drove here right after getting out of work so by the time he got here it was like 4am. At that point I was so tired I didn't even care and just answered the door in pajama pants and a t-shirt. Haha.

Comment

I didn't. I did straighten my hair but it did no good because I looked a hot mess after 9 hours of travel with wind in my face half the time and rain making my hair frizz the other half lol.
                  "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                  This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                  Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I wore some make up... nothing too over the top tho, and some nice lipgloss
                    I also wore a bit dressier clothes because it made me more confident and I was pretttty nervous meeting for the first time lol

Comment

Just be yourself, dress how you normally dress, use what makeup you usually use, no point putting on a big show and then not be like that ever again lol

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                      2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                      3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                      4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                      5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                      6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                      7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                      Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                      UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Originally posted by MattDavies86 View Post
                        Just be yourself, dress how you normally dress, use what makeup you usually use, no point putting on a big show and then not be like that ever again lol
                        and this is what I fully agree with.
                        Being yourself with the one you love is the most important afterall
                        If you are afraid of crying, you could put on some waterproof mascara and eyeliner (if you normally would wear that) so that your make up doesn't smudge (=
                        You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

Back then I still wore make-up everyday (I don't anymore) so I suppose I put on make-up in the morning when I went to the airport, but it was such a crazy day, with cancelled flights and delays (left home around 8am and finally saw him at 1am) that I don't think I looked particularly nice and pampered. I was so tired that I didn't care how I looked, and I don't think he cared either.

ETA: As for it running, I'm not a person who cries out of joy, so I never thought of it. However I NEVER wear make-up on the day I leave because no matter how waterproof the mascara is, I would find a way to make a mess.
                          Last edited by TwoThree; January 17, 2013, 04:50 AM.
                          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I plan on wearing makeup, but I'm one of those people that HAS to have at least a little mascara to leave the house. If you're the kind of person that doesn't wear makeup often or you don't like it, then don't wear. Your SO won't care as long as you're actually standing in front of him.

As for running, I'll probably get waterproof mascara just in case, even though I'm good about keeping my makeup doesn't run as is.
                            "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Do whatever youre going to feel the most confident looking like. If you feel sexy and like you look great with make-up wear it. If make-up makes you feel awkward leave it.

Comment

Working...
                              X