• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asia travelling tip

Number one..

How long are you staying?
    Do you need a visa?

if so you should apply2-3 months at least 2 months advance (depending on what country you're from)
    I'm European so I get my visa very fast but this is extremely important to check out.

Get your vaccines!

Then packing.
    Where will you be staying, hotel? Your SO's home?
    In a city? Or in the countryside?
    Will you be in a place where you can get help if you get sick, or is there a pharmacy available?

Always pack light and useful
    some everyday clothes, something for a special occasion, sleep wear/underwear.
    you don't need the 20 different t-shirts you're thinking about.

Tummy medicines, both for preparing and for emergencies...
    Ask about this at your local pharmacy, they should give you some great tip
    Also pack some regular medicines, like for fevers, headaches and so on.

REMEMBER ADAPTER!!
    your phone, mp3, laptop whatever probably uses a different socket
    and in some cases it might be grounded electricity so unless you want your stuff to blackout for no reason, adapter is a must, and you don't have to buy the most expensive one. A simple one will do

The flight?
    Will it be a long one 10h +
    or a short one?

for a 10 h +
    do the plane provide with pillow, blanket, and earplugs ?
    even if i would recommend bringing an extra pillow.. you will probably need it at some point..
    also a simple sleeping medicine, i use either a pretty strong sleeping aid or imovane that i get from the doctor this knocks me out almost all of the flight and i wake up ready to go.
    Important to find one that doesn't make you feel all dead and tired after you wake up.

But if you're too excited or can't sleep..
    magazines, a good book
    remember to charge everything you might need
    for music, movies, games or other entertainment, but use headphones... common knowledge just mentioning
    and remember the adapter

Also bring an empty bottle,
    the flight attendant will fill it for you if you ask when you get in the plane.

Some simple snack like salty crackers, chocolate.. nothing big but it will keep you ok between the meals, and who knows if you like the plane food or not..
    so some simple snacks that are allowed.

When you get there.

Always drink mineral water, NO tap water..
    or you can boil the water before you drink it
    drink 2-3 glasses of water in the morning to rehydrate after the night, also take a shower so you don't overheat.
    Always keep water close and drink a little all the time.

For the first 2 weeks be careful with your diet, properly cooked food, fresh fruits are OK like apples and bananas, but not vegetables, they HAVE to be cooked properly.
    you might also get allergies, cough, sneeze because of the air so use a face mask or breathe through a handkerchief in traffic areas.
    remember off lotion or other remedies against bug bites.

I probably forgot a ton of things, still hope this was a little helpful.
    but this is just what i could think of at the moment,
    if you have any questions i will be happy to answer.

Very helpful for some people, I was aware of most of this, always organised and prepared I am only one thing I think you missed, I'd definitely advise moquito repelant, wrist bands/sprays etc. Lemon seems to naturally repel mosquito's too so if your taking soap and shampoo make it lemon.

And if you plan to travel near borders then check with your pharmacy / doctor if they advise malaria tablets although some malaria tablets are expensive and some have negative side effect)

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
    2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
    3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
    4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
    5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
    6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
    7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
    Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
    UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Sayuuka View Post
      Number one..

How long are you staying?
      Do you need a visa?

if so you should apply2-3 months at least 2 months advance (depending on what country you're from)
      I'm European so I get my visa very fast but this is extremely important to check out.
      Be careful not to get your visa too far in advance because it expires 90 days from when it is issued and you will have to buy a whole new visa if it expires before you leave.

Originally posted by Sayuuka View Post
      For the first 2 weeks be careful with your diet, properly cooked food, fresh fruits are OK like apples and bananas, but not vegetables, they HAVE to be cooked properly.
      Fresh fruits are only okay if they have been sanitized first!!! Just a tip

Good list and I'm sure it will be useful!

Comment

This is really nice kind of information specially for whom who are traveling in Asia. I would really appreciate you that you have shared this kind of useful information for others help.

Comment

It really depends on where you are going. I never ate anything fresh in India but in Turkey I eat like I am in Norway exept I don't drink tap water.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Amazing tips regarding travel to the Asia. It is one of my favorite subcontinents. I have been there numerous times in the past. My most favorite destinations of this region are Singapore, Thailand, China, India and Indonesia. There are many stunning beaches and attractions in these countries, where I want to go again and again.

Comment

Amazing tips Sayuuka! I really like all of the points which you have shared with us, I'm sure that this will prove really helpful for every traveller. Being a traveller I found it really useful for me. I'm sure that whenever I'll visit to Asia these tips will be really helpful for me.

Comment

Victoriaa! You are right these are really very helpful points for all tourist and they will help the all. Have you ever visited the Asia before? or will it be your first trip of that region? If it will be your first trip, so you can ask me anything regarding this destinations. I have been there numerous times in past and i have massive information about it.

Comment

it was amazing to visit baku when i was there i never would like to come back home peoples are very friendly weather is clam

Comment

Baku is a place that I must say everyone should go there. i love the hospitality and friendly people of this place. So recommend you all go there when you guys are free.

Comment

Working...
                    X