Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling across the border and back to renew stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is a two month old post currently, but I just wanted to thank you for teaching me about perpetual tourism. O: This will be very useful to me once I'll be needing a visa! I didn't even consider its existence before... good luck to everyone who is on their way of getting a visa!

Comment

Haha, no worries :P I mean, it's definitely not the way to go to be able to stay in a country as long as possible, but it's a possible solution once or twice. Good luck on you too!

Met online: February 2011
      Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Can I ask what happened with this? I'm from Argentina and my gf's from the US, so I believe we could use this info at some point or another... I believe my country's rather relaxed when it comes to immigration. When I went to Uruguay, we just had to present our ID cards (we have a concession, the South-Americans), and that was it, so I wouldn't worry much if I were you.

Comment

Oh this old thread! Haha, didn't think I'd see it again :P It went fine really, you guys are very relaxed when it comes to immigration. We planned on going to Brazil first to get the visa renewed, then those plans fell through. Decided on Chile instead but that didn't happen either, so we just went to the immigrations-office, explained the situation, got a paper to fill in, went to the bank to pay the 300 peso fine, went back to immigrations, and that was that. They only asked to see the paper twice at the airport when I left, at the check-in counter and at the border control. Otherwise, no issues!

But from now on I'm making sure I get out of the country in time. I think that if you've overstayed your visa 3 times, they are likely to deny you entry next time you get there. Once is fine, it's like "shit happens" but if you do it repetedly, they will take actions. As said though, it's not something I'm planning on repeatedly doing. I love Argentina as a country, and wouldn't want to take advantage of it. I'm looking into the process of getting permanent residency, and hoping that I'll only have to border-hop once or twice more

Comment

I'm glad it was sorted out! If Kate and I decide to close the distance here, we should have a double-date

Comment

Originally posted by Naty View Post
              I'm glad it was sorted out! If Kate and I decide to close the distance here, we should have a double-date
              Oh definitely! That would be great, considering I don't know anyone in the country except my SO and his family + 2 of his friends xD Do you have any plans on closing the distance soon?

Comment

Working...
              X