Our Success Story PandJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Success Story PandJ

I haven't been on LFAD for quite some time, but I decided that maybe our story would give others some hope.

Paul and I met online in 2010. At this time I was a sophomore in college and he had already graduated. We both lived on the east coast, but were about 12 hours away from each other. After about 5 months of video chatting and talking/texting we finally met. I flew to see him over my winter break (which was my very first airplane ride too! It's always my go-to line "I got on an airplane for you!)

Anyway, everything went wonderfully. We continued to talk and things were still working out well, but getting difficult (like I'm sure many of us have all felt). We hadn't seen each other since January and I was pretty certain I may never see him again. A few days before I was supposed to present a project to the dean of my college in May, I got a bouquet of roses wishing me luck and saying how happy he was to know me. This gave me a lot of hope that things were still going strong. About two months later, he flew in to see me and spend some vacation time with me. This is when he and I became official boyfriend and girlfriend.

For the next year, we flew back and forth to see each other. We skyped every evening before we went to sleep and kept in contact constantly. There were some surprise visits to my college and nice long visits over breaks. It wasn't easy at all, but we did it.

This past July we finally closed the distance. He moved here to be with me and we have an apartment together in my college town. I'm finishing up my last 6 weeks of college now and he is working. It's amazing how much our relationship has blossomed over a few years. There were moments when I never thought we would make it. Sometimes I thought I would never see him again. Now he is the first thing I see when I wake up and the last thing I see before I go to sleep. It's very easy for me to take what I have for granted, now that I have it. However, I do take the time to remember what we went through to get where we are. It takes a lot of hard work, commitment, dedication, and deep love for each other.

If you really want it, it is possible. Keep believing! Dreams come true

It is success stories like these that keep me believing

Comment

Thank you! Your story gives me hope.
      “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
      ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
      Closed the distance >21.03.2015
      sigpic

Comment

Keep believing! I'm glad my post gives you hope! If you want it to happen it will!

We are now searching for our second home together! Hard to believe that our relationship has grown so much from our first online date in 2010.

Comment

I love this. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Awh I rarely ever have squishy moments but this made me smile. Thank you for sharing and congrats and making it through (:
            “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Working...
            X