Living Together 1 year and 1 month :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living Together 1 year and 1 month :D

Hello All! I haven't been on here in a while so I just wanted to post an update and see how everyone is doing. My SO and I have been living together now for a year and a month. While we are happier than ever, we've been through some rough patches. Most of those rough patches were caused because of financial issues, so word of advice: Make sure you have finances figured out before making the big move! I am now 22 and my boyfriend is 21 and we are still jobless. We are doing a few side jobs (luckily we are both talented in the arts!) to make ends meet while we are in school. I came close to getting a job, went in for the second interview and they never called me back; it was slightly discouraging, but I can't do anything but keep trying! While we are still searching for jobs, both of us are in school working towards our larger goals of being an Architect and Art Teacher. (I know, cliche couple, right? ) We are loving life! We are running into issues lately with visiting family. I never realized how hard it would be to be in so many places at once! This summer we have a lot of traveling to do to visit all parts of our families so they can see that we are doing well but I will be in school the first half of the summer so its going to be tough! Kalen and I have had a few arguments but never any huge fights. Its very rare that we even argue, which is surprising seeing how we are around each other pretty much 24/7. We just know how to give each other space when it's needed, which is my second word of advice: Remember that sometimes being close all the time can be a bad thing, everyone needs time to their selves so give each other some space every so often just to relax and think (or do something creative in our case). All in all, everything is going great for us! I am happy that we made the move when we did even though we weren't quite financially ready. I am very thankful that the move went the way it did and that we don't have to worry about being apart anymore until my SO starts his architecture business ventures (which will only be a couple of days at a time)!

Congratulations on closing the distance.. Good to know you two are happy together Surely gonna use your words of advice

Comment

Working...
    X