Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has your LDR written to you that you melted over? Please share if you want.:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On our forum site today, my SO wrote me an anonymous note (that was the thread rules) and he said...

you are truly special and very unique, don't ever let anyone change who you are and you are simply awesome

and when I messaged him about it he said... its all true, you're special to me

awwww.
    Last edited by leah_c; April 29, 2013, 07:10 PM.
    *First visit- 6/15/13-6/29/13*

*Second Visit- 6/21/14-7/5/14*

*My part of the K-1 Visa approved on 10/23/14*

*Fiancé had his Medical Appt. on 2/16/15*

*Fiancé's Visa Interview Appt and approved on 4/13/15*

*Fiancé received his Fiance Visa on 4/20/15*

*Closing the distance on 5/22/15*

Comment

Well, he sent me the most fail snail mail letter in the history of snail mail... he took one of my letters, and copied it word for word, the whole middle section. That was my letter I had waited so long for. When I opened it I was so excited, and I read it, it was like, wait... OMG! I was so pissed. He knew it was horrible, but he also thinks it's funny. Ugh.

He does send random very sweet texts and IMs though, for example, one day out of nowhere he said
      hey
      just fyi
      I love you so much Sarah, and Nate dog too

How awesome that he included my son? <3

He's sent more, but they're more personal and I don't think he'd be comfortable with me posting them. But he IS able lol.

Comment

Once my SO and I were Skyping, and he had to go help his mom with groceries. When I next looked at the screen, I found he had taped a note to the wall saying, "I love you, Angi." It kept me smiling for the rest of the day.

Comment

garnet - that's funny, but I would be upset too! :P

My SO never writes me letters, but he did write me a song, and although it isn't especially lovey-dovey or about me (which is good, I'd probably be embarrassed to hear it!), it's about my favorite flowers and he included some other things I like...very sweet.
          ~~~

Comment

We wrote poems together

We wrote various poems together where we would alternate who wrote the 1st and 2nd halves of the poems. He emailed me all the poetry we wrote together, & I turned a few of them into songs & emailed the finished songs back to him for review, he loved them. But in the group of poems we wrote together, there was one he wrote me. Here it is: I love it

The Saving Grace

For a while all I saw was the gloomy rain.

All I could think about was my morbid pain.

I didn't know where I could run or hide.

There was so much distress that I cried.

I felt the effects from my personal anguish.

My life went downhill and started to languish.

But then something amazing started to take place;

It was special and filled with so much grace.

You're like an angel sent to me from the heaven above.

Someone to show me how to open my heart and love.

I'm thankful that you've been such an amazing inspiration.

You've made me want to put my life in proper formation.

Comment

The things B writes to me are not appropriate for a public forum
              February 2012 -- met online
              August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
              April 2013 -- met in person
              June 2013 -- broke up
              July 2013 -- back together
              August 2013 -- 2nd visit
              October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
              April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Awww!

My our first Valentine's Day, (my first Valentine's Day with anyone actually.) he had this person deliver an adorable teddy bear and a beautiful bouquet of flowers in a vase and a little note. It was absolutely perfect! I'm sure the delivery man thought my boyfriend was crazy since I answered the door at 9 in the morning looking like the grim reaper, hahaah.
                We've got each other and that's a lot
                For love - we'll give it a shot
                ]

Comment

He has not yet written me any letters (we have only been together a little more than a month and he does not strike me as a letter writer type anyway) but I love it when he writes our names together with a heart with arrow between them! Just little things like that, cute. He did that recently on a little note and showed me on the Skype camera, and I just melted. I have a note similar to that; it also has his phone number, mail adress and skype name on it and I got it right before I left his country.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Well, my SO is Dutch. The very first thing he told me in Dutch was this:

"Ik hou van je. Go translate that from Dutch. (:"

Ik hou van je = I love you

Comment

He has so far sent one long letter, one of my favorite lines I feel comfortable enough to share was...

"I hear you say to me...
                      'I am here next you
                      now tell me about us
                      and how beautiful we are.'"

Met in July 2006
                      Dated very briefly in November 2006
                      Reconnected in July 2011
                      Something changed in August 2013
                      He visited in November 2013
                      I traveled in November 2013
                      I visit in February 2014

Comment

The stuff that is in my profile. The first I quoted to convince him we have something real, the second he wrote me on Skype some weeks ago, after my visit.
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

haha, I took out the qoute and now I don't even remember what it was

Anyway, the thing I melt over the most (apart from the sexual stuff, which I will not share) is that he says I am like the sun and will light up every dark room/lit up his life. If anybody else said that to me I would laugh for it beeing so cheesy, but I don't know...he makes it sound so REAL. I know he really means it just like that. And I love to know that I really mean that much to him.

Comment

Ian's letter cuteness

Awww that's so cute <3

Kristian is 17 (almost 18) and I am 19 he is really cute and very mature for his age and so far he has written my one letter. I asked him why he is on Facebook or Google+ but doesn't really post much and this was his reply:

"oh idk... there is this woman that I would give my life for.. that i havent met, but has a great smile, personality, heart, (i think body too, but i havent seen anything ;P ) and she tries too hard for a job that isnt worth it. She tries to make me happy so very much, but even a "hi" from her cheers me up. dont tell her, but this person.. is you"

I literally swooned because he is the sweetest guy I have ever met and always manages to make me laugh at his attempt to "flirt" <3

Comment

i can't pinpoint when it was or what exactly it said, but in the beginning of the relationship he used to write me the sweetest poems right before he went to bed and texted them to me, for me to have and read when i woke up. Now he will write long and sweet text messages explaining his feelings and future.

Comment

I keep seeing this thread and thinking that it would be a fine trick if I could teach my long distance relationship how to write.
                                I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Working...
                                X