Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has your LDR written to you that you melted over? Please share if you want.:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wrote and recorded me a song. He always sends me his new stuff, so I thought it was the same when he asked me to check out his new song last week. When I realized what it was, I cried my eyes out.

Comment

My SO isn't much for words, so any he writes mean a great deal to me. The absolutely most meaningful was when he first signed an email to me "Love you." That was the first official expression of love, and I jumped up and down for joy (after staring at it for a while to make sure I read it right!).

Comment

For Valentine's Day this year he bought me a dozen roses and one of the dipped roses and hid it inside the bouquet. :] This is the card he wrote with it, that I almost cried reading. He has his moments of being sweet and romantic. I've never had someone do something like this for me before...

"I know I said flowers are gay, but I know you like them. But I went a little further than just buying the standard dozen roses. Mixed in with these roses is one specific rose that symbolizes my love for you. It will never wither, it will never fade, and it will never die. So as long as you have this rose, remember that I love you with all my heart. Love you Babes."

Side note: He thinks flowers are dumb and sees no point in buying them/having them because they die.

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
          It will never wither, it will never fade, and it will never die. So as long as you have this rose, remember that I love you with all my heart. Love you Babes."
          Waaaa!! Cute!!!

Mine always comes out randomly with the most touching things, all very personal and I hold them very close to my heart. One day when I let him hack my computer he can see all the screenshots I've made of all the nice things he's written me xD lol

The one I'll share here is before we really started in earnest walking down the path we're on now. He told me, after talking me through one of my flake out episodes (oooops lol ) is this:

"That's what I'm here for, beautiful Your strength, your shelter, wisdom, kindness, understanding that place doesn't sound the least bit scary or silly to me "

He makes my soul feel like it's found a home
          "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
            ...all the screenshots I've made of all the nice things he's written me xD lol
            OMG I do the SAME thing!!!! Lmao. Even the text messages I'll screen shot. I told him I do that and he thought it was adorable. Hahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by whatruckus View Post
              OMG I do the SAME thing!!!! Lmao. Even the text messages I'll screen shot. I told him I do that and he thought it was adorable. Hahahaha.
              Waaaa!! hahahaha I haven't had the balls to tell him yet lol I told him this afternoon when he was yapping about "violating" my computer lol that I would have to clean it up He can assume it's dirty pictures all he wants it's something much more personal than that

Comment

When I left after the first whole week in our flat; "Every centimeter of the flat has your smell ". I loved to hear that.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My SO writes me cards all the time, and I love them. He sent me flowers at work Friday. The note said " Your love is the love I've waited my entire life for. It was worth the wait". He's so sweet. <3
                  sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

I can't remember the circumstances behind the text, I know I was having trouble sleeping but that's about it. Unfortunately I don't have it any more, but this particular message I could always go back to and it would calm me and make me happy. It had a little role play section in it which I don't remember well, but the rest I remember word for word: "*hugs you up tight and sings you a lullaby* I love you more than the sun and the sky, now kitten, hushabye"

<3 He has written me so many things over the years that have just melted my heart. He never ceases to amaze and surprise me with how heartfelt his words can be.

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                    I keep seeing this thread and thinking that it would be a fine trick if I could teach my long distance relationship how to write.
                    Just gonna sit here with a cheesy grin on my face for a while
                    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                    First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

He's a total sweetheart, and pretty upfront with his feelings, this would scare most people, but since I'm.the same way, I adore it. =)
                      One time, a few months ago, when I had started falling for him he texted me this:
                      "I don't know, I feel like I could marry you or something." Come on, how does that not melt your heart? =)
                      that's when I first confessed that I feel the same way about him.

Granted, he has said many other sweet things, but for the life of me I can't remember what they were word for word ! =/

On another note: Do you ever not know what to say after he says something sweet like that? , Or forget I'm general something sweet to tell him?
                      Last edited by Unconditional; June 16, 2014, 10:05 AM.
                      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
                        On another note: Do you ever not know what to say after he says something sweet like that? , Or forget I'm general something sweet to tell him?
                        Stuff like that always kinda makes me speechless lol and that's what I end up telling him. Otherwise I'm a stuttering mess lol

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
                          Stuff like that always kinda makes me speechless lol and that's what I end up telling him. Otherwise I'm a stuttering mess lol
                          Lol I have a terrible memory to boot, so when he says something amazing, whatever I say always manages to pale in comparison
                          "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
                            Yep. But, once I snap out of it I tell him how much what he said meant to me and how sweet it was and how much I loved it. I'm pretty romantic when I talk to him too, he never really knows what to say when I say things to him. Lol. He just smiles or tells me later on how happy it made him.

Actually, last night I sent him a longggggg email about the first time we met in person, our first real date, and the day we became official. All in detail. All about how I felt at those times, and how thinking about them makes me happy. He hasn't read it yet though since he hasn't had any service at the base he's at. But, I can't wait until he does, I want to know what he thinks. Lol. :X

Comment

He and I had been "pausing" our argument over something very touchy for awhile, and in the meantime while we were waiting to resume it at a time when we wanted to have that discussion, he wrote me a letter apologizing and telling me that no matter what happens, we will make it, we'll be together, and that he loves me. Strangely enough, I received this letter on the day the argument was brought up again, and it made me feel so much better about everything.

Comment

We plan to live in the same city next year (he'll move here), but we won't move in together just yet. And the other day, he said getting to see me would be like a little gift every day
                                first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
                                second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X