Favorite ways to "prepare" for a visit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite ways to "prepare" for a visit?

I am flying down to Texas to see my SO in 16 days! After 3 months of being apart. <3

Perhaps it's because I have a slightly persnickety personality...
    But I've been making the time til then move along by "preparing", so to speak, for my trip.

Such as... searching for that perfect, "here-I-am-aren't-I-delicious" outfit! [I'll take any excuse to buy a new dress] Or getting my nails done. Finally getting around to that trim my hair so desperately needs. I know my SO would except me wholeheartedly even if I neglected my appearance - he just wants to be with me. But something about a little cosmetic TLC makes me FEEl ahhhmazing and even more "ready" to see him.

I was just wondering if any one else had any special little "preparations" that he or she does before a visit.

I'm the same I always go shopping for a new outfit to wear when he picks me up from the airport as I don't want him to see me in my comfy plane clothes as they are rarely attractive haha also go to the beauty salon for waxing and to get my nails and toe nails done Makes me feel so much better
    ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

I know this thread is old, but the subject seems too good for it not to be revived.

In my experience, I always make sure I have showered that day or the night before. I think we both do. xD
      Then I put aside some decent looking clothes and make sure that my hair is done up.
      He knows I don't wear makeup much, although the first time he came over I definitely wanted to give a good first impression.
      I also tend to wear accessories I normally wouldn't when he arrives the first day.

Please note that I have never visited him, so I am the one picking him up at the airport. I do plan on flying to him in the winter, so I'm not sure how I'll prepare then but I'm sure it'll work out.

Follow our story on Tumblr~

Comment

I just got a pedi, so I'm hoping it holds out, so I don't have to get another. My last pedicure lasted like 4 months, so my fingers are crossed. I will definitely need to get a manicure though.

I need to get my teeth cleaned. Obviously, I brush my teeth, but I want my mouth as fresh as possible.

I seriously, seriously needs a 2-3 day session of shaving/trimming/lady-scaping. From the knee down, I'm good to go. North of that? I got a lot of work to do.

I think clothes-wise, I am set. But, now it's just a matter of packing and making sure everything fits in my suitcase.

Comment

I like to take like a spa day the day before I travel, or close to it, and get extra clean/trimmed (but I usually do that once a week anyway). Last visit I got a haircut at the airport, I felt very fresh so I might do that there again, or a few days close to departure. I will wear something nice but comfortable while travelling (for that "hi I am on my way"-pictures I will send in the first airport), and bring a change of clothes because unless I get a direct flight, the travel itself can take more than 20 hours, and I like to do a little wash/change clothes/brush my teeth in one of the last airports. I usually wear a bit of extra makeup when I travel. I bought something new for my last visit, but I misplaced it so I will wear it this time.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

What a great idea for discussion. I'm still 2 months out from a visit (me visiting him) but already planning how to 'prepare' including a fresh haircut and deciding what nice but comfortable clothes to wear. Like differentcountries, travel will be 20+ hours so I'll want to be as fresh as possible but I'm sure he will understand that I'm not exactly going to step off the plane like a movie star

Comment

I didn't do anything special when he visited me, except for trying to wear my favourite clothes. Like I wore my relatively new flower dress for the day I met him.

I don't wear any make up. I have long hair and I am bad at doing my hair up and it fitting me so I usually just wear it down. Besides my main priority is always being comfortable and that gives me more confidence, which, imo, makes me look better.

I am quite anxious about me visiting him, though. It's easy when you are in your country and just going out to meet. Besides, when I go there this winter, we are going to talk about it and we might actually decide to be together again and I want to put more effort into how I look. And also because I'll be in a foreign country and I don't want to leave a bad impression. I already have an idea about a couple new winter clothes I want to buy, it'll boost my confidence and comfort.

My flight won't be as long, though, it'll be 3 hours of flight, an hour long layover, an hour of flight, so I hope I won't have to put extra effort in looking good there

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                I like to take like a spa day the day before I travel, or close to it, and get extra clean/trimmed (but I usually do that once a week anyway). Last visit I got a haircut at the airport, I felt very fresh so I might do that there again, or a few days close to departure. I will wear something nice but comfortable while travelling (for that "hi I am on my way"-pictures I will send in the first airport), and bring a change of clothes because unless I get a direct flight, the travel itself can take more than 20 hours, and I like to do a little wash/change clothes/brush my teeth in one of the last airports. I usually wear a bit of extra makeup when I travel. I bought something new for my last visit, but I misplaced it so I will wear it this time.
                Wow, that sounds awesome.

I have always thought of doing those airport spas, but was too fearful of the prices to even consider them. Maybe my upcoming trip is the time to break the ice.

I will say, I am not seeing the guy immediately upon landing, but rather a few days into it. He thinks/thought he is going to collect me from the train station but...I'd rather not. We'll see. Anyway, this is my first trip overseas, so it's actually probably good that I have a couple of days to get settled and get my cell phone figured out and do some grocery shopping and all that good stuff. I'd rather be settled before we meet.

I will try to get most of the particulars done before I leave the US, but once I get over there, I will need to shower or have a bath and do the ol' once over. He's not a fan of makeup, which is good for me, because neither am I, but I will still probably do a little mascara/lip action.

Comment

Working...
                X