Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does having a smart phone plays a role in your LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im envious of you guys!

I often feel it could help us a lot, especially in this matter: he shares a 'group' on 'whats app' with his friends and respective partners and they communicate like that when they need to schedule a meeting on when there is news to share with the whole group... unfortunately or not, dutch folks do get along with all the techy world. Where I live I don't know anyone who uses an app like this and I feel that maybe if I could make part of that "group" I could keep in touch easily with them... (since I am the only one from them who does not have a SP, therefore, Im not in the group).
    Being LDR I don't get to communicate and bond with them that easily.

luckily, this is just temporary!
    Last edited by Jess!; May 25, 2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

It depends on both your financial availability mainly... But in my case, if I had the money, I would ideally have an android AND a simple phone. I'd keep the android in the bag when I travel and use the simple phone on display. Then when I'd be safe in a plane or in a building, maybe with some time or privacy, I'd open up the app and text. It's really economical on the long run to text android-to-android... if you have a good free texting app.

Comment

The difficulty is that he HAS to be at a computer to message me. I have a smartphone, so I can message him from anywhere using the app. So I feel like I keep him tied to his computer on the weekends, when he should be out and about. He tells me he will make a better effort to get out and about, but he chooses to be with me when he can. but I feel bad, as I can go out and about and stay in contact when he can't.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I don't know how I would survive without whats app. i had a pretty basic nokia asha 302 which was kind of a smart phone i guess but once you have whats app i think that's enough.
          now that i have a galaxy s3 i have a magic jack app on my phone as well as skype, email and facebook so whichever way he wants to reach out to me or vice versa, it's instant! i would definitely invest in a smart phone but if money is an issue just get a phone that can download whats app and you will be fine. you can send texts, video, audio and pictures via whats app for free!

Comment

EEE I JUST GOT MY FIRST EVER SMART PHONE YESTERDAY xD yayayayyyy (my first ever cellphone too..ye i was probably the only teen that didn't have one -.-)
            Sucks though- my baby doesn't have a working cell phone at the moment (He's getting one soon hopefully ;I ) *sigh*
            Plus I don't have a data plan xD so i gotta hunt for wifi spots in public to talk to him on skype (I have unlimited international text though! JEESH babe you really need a cell phone now D;< )
            But the smart phone is very accessible xD. Rather than carrying my laptop around the house I now have this beautiful device ;D

Comment

Originally posted by TooFarAway View Post
              EEE I JUST GOT MY FIRST EVER SMART PHONE YESTERDAY xD yayayayyyy (my first ever cellphone too..ye i was probably the only teen that didn't have one -.-)
              Sucks though- my baby doesn't have a working cell phone at the moment (He's getting one soon hopefully ;I ) *sigh*
              Plus I don't have a data plan xD so i gotta hunt for wifi spots in public to talk to him on skype (I have unlimited international text though! JEESH babe you really need a cell phone now D;< )
              But the smart phone is very accessible xD. Rather than carrying my laptop around the house I now have this beautiful device ;D
              Nice! we can text for free and are closing the distance very soon. my simple cellphone works fine except when it decides to crash, so for now Im not spending money in another when there is no need... me trying to escape consumerism!

Comment

Originally posted by TooFarAway View Post

Nice! we can text for free and are closing the distance very soon. my simple cellphone works fine except when it decides to crash, so for now Im not spending money in another when there is no need... me trying to escape consumerism! But yeah, I admit that I can be a bit jealous of my partner and his friends who are always talking about whats app...

Comment

It did in my previous relationship (Kik Messenger was a godsend.) but now I can just fire off a SMS without having to worry about paying out the butt for international.

Comment

Yes it does play a big role. Cuz I can't sit lo for long hours staring on my Laptop, also I cant take it with me everywhere I go I use it mostly at home.

So smarts phones are smaller and easier to use. We used BB Messenger a lot, but now we use Viber and skype cuz he got a new phone now.
                    I sometimes use my iPad if I wanted to use bigger screen so I can see him well on Skype.

Comment

I could not imagine our relationship without Whatsapp.

Comment

My SO and I pretty much upgraded from regular phones to smart phones at the same time. We both love our phones! We have the iphone 4, and we facetime, use the "couple" app, play similar games like temple run, etc.!

Comment

I certainly hope so! I just gave my SO money so that he could buy himself a "whole" smart phone (quite expensive). That way we hope to be able to have better Skype connection, and of course that he not will have to rely on friends, family or internet cafes in order to Skype with me, it will also be more private. I hope to buy myself a smart phone too within the next fiew months, in that case I will not by a "whole" so it will be way cheaper for me. I can se only good things coming from it I also have a laptop.
                          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

thumbs up for free apps like viber or whatsapp.
                            dont know how i would be able to talk to gf for 2 hrs at a time. lol

Comment

My SO really hated smartphones before I left for Korea, and even though I kept telling him how much easier it would make things, he just wouldn't have it. Yeah, after I was gone for about two weeks, decided to bu one. It does make things much easier, biggest part is not having to sit in front of the computer to communicate. About two weeks ago the touchscreen of his phone broke and we're currently waiting for it to get fixed and oh boy, do we miss that silly piece of technology..!

Comment

Yes, Viber is great. I love those emicons and the small drawings you can make.
                                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                                X