Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does having a smart phone plays a role in your LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh smartphones yeah. Our ldr started with us both having them, so we would text eachother on what`s app thorough the day. Buut, then he lost his phone.
    It`s so frustrating! He always runs out of airtime, and I only have 750 minutes on my sim to call him every month. If we talk more, my phone bill will be waay too high.
    Also if he doesn`t have airtime, and I have to keep on calling, I feel like a needy gf. Meh! Smartphones is needed when in a ldr!

Comment

For us yes because it means we can imessage,skype and play games together which definitely makes things easier especially being in totally different countries!

Comment

I've only had a smart phone for just over a year, never saw a need before. But having one (not only do I waste tonnes of time on it) but it's worlds cheaper in regards to texting my SO because we can just use a messenger program, and I can easily take photos of things (usually my bunny, or what I've cooked for dinner, sometimes me) and just send them too him. I like it because it's a nice way to feel a part of each other's lives. We don't play games together, but it has saved us both a lot of money in text messages
        Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
        First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Yes,I go on my smart phone to keep in touch with my so on facebook,we talk on there all the time,and sometimes we skype.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristina88 View Post
            I only have 750 minutes on my sim to call him every month. If we talk more, my phone bill will be waay too high.
            Have you looked into international phone cards? We used them before getting smart phones.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

The purchase of an iPhone 5S was the best thing I've done in years. I just think how it would be without a good smartphone for my LDR and it would be really tough. It's currently at the Apple Store to be replaced (it had a problem) and I've been without it for 1 week... I already notice a difference. I can't talk with her whenever I want, I have to wait until I get home from school to be able to talk to her (only after 10PM) and I can't take pictures of all the silly innocent things and search on 9GAG for funny stuff to send her. We can't call all night or FaceTime. It might be expensive, but it's a good investment for those in a LDR. Tomorrow I'll have it back and my life will go back to normal!

Comment

I have an iphone and have had 2 different iPhones since we've been together, he has had the same phone and it's a piece of crap It's a phone and it works so we're both thankful for that, since it's really our only form of communication. However, I really wish he had a smartphone so we could use some of those cute apps or play games together or something!! He however is not into technology so he probably won't ever get a smartphone no matter how much I convince him to so I'll have to go without the cheesy cute apps and games that we could play together and just settle with hopefully better picture quality when he gets a new phone. I can hardly see his face in some of his pictures that he sends to me since his phone is so old

Comment

Yes , In fact I don't know someone who does not own a smartphone .

Comment

My SO and I both have smartphones. Honestly... I think we'd be lost without them.

Comment

He has one and I don't. I have absolutely no interest in owning one but I know shortly there won't be any other option. We are both in the US so we have unlimited calling and texting without me having a smartphone.

My SO had stated once he wants to get me one so we can Skype on my breaks and lunches when I'm at work but we hardly ever connect just by calls or text during those times so I don't think it's worth the expense. By the time my contract is up on this phone, we'll have closed the distance anyway.
                      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Hi everyone

I'm new to this thread, and have just finished reading most of this thread It's really interesting and has given me many new ideas for this LDR that I'm in. This Vday has been a little quieter for me, even though I have a smartphone.

To me, having a smartphone has not helped my LDR, but rather has made my r/s more stale. When I'm at work, he would message me via text several times a day. That used to be sweet, until I started getting really busy at work and just like it takes two hands to clap, making this LDR last is something that i want to do but has been difficult cause of the difference in time zones. Sometimes, I just want to hear his voice but finding the right time to call him is just too difficult.

I was thinking of using some voice messaging apps, to make better use of my smartphone. Is there anyone with recommendations? I've heard of Voxer, Cord, Zello and also Rogertalk- but has anyone tried these and can you recommend which one is the best?

Would really appreciate it so much.

Comment

When I first met my SO, I had whatsapp and he didn't, but I told him to get it so that we could talk when we weren't on our actual computers. Since then, it's been a godsend, we text on it pretty much anytime we have an Internet connection and call on it too, and because it uses the Internet connection for calling it's so much cheaper! I would highly recommend getting a smartphone, it's been great for us

Comment

I would have to say that for me and my SO, we depend on our smart phones to talk to one another! we mainly use WhatsApp though, so that's why. it's free to call and text to other countries! the only negative thing a smartphone has done is get worried if the other doesn't text back or something silly like that haha :P
                            Laila

Comment

When I first met my SO she didn't have a computer only a tablet so she could only talk to me on facebook messenger on it, and it wasn't until about November last year that she decided to get a laptop. SO yes i guess having a smartphone (tablet in her case but pretty much the same thing) has really helped our relationship. Recently we both started using the app happy couple which has taught us we don't really know as much about each other as we thought we did and given us new goals to strive towards :3
                              my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                              Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                              Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                              Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                              Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                              Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                              Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                              Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                              All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Working...
                              X