Still going strong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still going strong!

I don't think I ever wrote my "closed the distance" story.

After receiving his K-1 Visa back in May of 2012, my love immediately began making plans to move to Texas (he's from England). We planned to get married September 22 so I wanted him to be here as soon as possible so he could at least help me with some wedding stuff :P He booked his flight July 27 - a bit earlier than his parents would've liked. But his plane was set to arrive by 5:00 pm. However, he was caught up with the immigration officers at the airport - for 3 hours! I sat at the airport, going out of my mind, wondering why he hadn't made it out yet. At one point he was able to text me (though he got in trouble for it) so I at least knew he had arrived. Apparently, the geniuses that are immigration, had messed up his A#. But that's not all, the officers at the airport didn't even give him a very important document he would later need.

All in all, the immigration process has been a nightmare. Now, almost a year later, we're still waiting for his green card - way over the time frame for processing. I'm sure they eff'd it up again somehow.

Aside from that - we've been blissfully married for 8 months and have never been happier. Yes, there was a big adjustment on both our parts being that we're a bit older (30 and 31) and were established before meeting each other. But we don't regret closing the distance...we're glad we found each other and can't wait to keep "catching up" for lost time together being in a LDR.

Met: November 19, 2010
    Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
    Made it official: April 29, 2011
    Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
    Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
    Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
    K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
    Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
    Got married: September 22, 2012

3hours of waiting can blow anyone's mind Good to know he was able to text you. BTW what sort of he got in because of it :o NO doubt immigration process is a pain. Hope he can get green card soon.

Yayyy for going strong and catching up on lost time in LDR. Everyone has to go through adjustments after CD... GOod thing is you are together and happy.. Afterall thats what matters

Comment

Thank you! Yeah I'm beginning to think it's really just the American immigration system that's sorely in need of a revamp. I called USCIS today because it's been almost 8 months since we last heard about his green card and they were all like, "yep, way out of processing time frame..." lol okay? Now we need to deal with this...they probably messed up somewhere else.

Met: November 19, 2010
      Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
      Made it official: April 29, 2011
      Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
      Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
      Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
      K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
      Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
      Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

Working...
      X