Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did you meet your Boyfriend/Girlfriend??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met my partner at university. We originally met at the beginning of my final year and his 2nd year of study, we both did the same degree overall. Anyway, I was in a relationship then but it was at a rocky part and going downhill.
    Eventually that ended and when I was ready to put myself out there again I joined a gay dating site. He messaged me the very next day! He chased me and chased me until I gave in.
    The first time I saw him angry I knew I wanted to be with him no matter what (I know it sounds bizarre, but he is super composed and it was the first time I saw the real him and even though it was not a pretty sight, I still couldn't let go)
    We lived in the same town together for 4 months before I graduated and had to leave. We've been LDR'ing ever since and still very much in love

We see each other every few months because he's still studying for his PhD and financially he isn't rolling in it and I'm still starting out in the working world, whilst also saving to return to university to fulfill my academic path (we also value education above all else which works great for us because we're each others' rock of support when it gets tough) Every time we see each other it feels like no time has passed, even if the weeks/months in between have felt like an eternity.

Comment

We are both teachers and met at a teacher's union gathering this past April. I saw him speak on the mic and commented on a post he made in a group we both are in on facebook. He began messaging me, asked me out for a drink. The next day he asked if he could see me again and this continued for 2 more days. After the gathering was over, we decided to try a long distance relationship with the same goal in mind to physically be together if that's what is in the cards for us.

Comment

I met my partner on this website called 'Experience Project'. The website is FULL of catfish and only a small percentage of people have genuine profile pictures of themselves. My girlfriend signed up to the site and the first person she saw and messaged was myself. I thought that she was a catfish at first and had no idea why she was interested in me hehe. Three months later we started dating and another 2 months after that we met for the first time in person though it was only for one day. In total I have visited 4 times now

Comment

Because I haven't written here about my current SO, here we go, the great long version.

In May 2015 I finally bought a ps3 after my online friends bugging me to get one so we could play resident evil games (which i'm obsessed with) together. and yeah I did and i'd never played online with people before because i used to play all RE games on xbox 360 and didn't have gold so yeah never got to play online before. So i wanted try out playing online and did with a few people. Anyway, one night i was playing at like 2am with someone and so we finished the level and everything was good and i just sort of switched off my console and went to bed. When i turned it on the next day i had a message from the person i was playing with the night before telling me we made an awesome team and we totally needed to play again. I was really happy because I have literally no friends who play this game so i was like yay a friend wooo. and yeah so we chatted a bit with just messaging back and forth on the ps3 messaging system (which is so hard to type on omg) and we played together some more and it was fun. like about 5 days later or something i finally plucked up the courage to ask if i could add her on facebook and she let me so we started chatting on there which so much easier and quicker to reply. and of course with that i got to do some facebook stalking and realised she's literally like 10 years older than me and lives in America, oops.

My main problem is when i meet someone who's nice i get really attached to them and can fall for them really really quickly, so by like week 2 of our friendship we'd chatted a lot and i'd heard her voice and i was like oh god i really like this person not again. We talked a lot and got headsets so we could chat while playing our game and by the end of like being friends for a month we were flirting outrageously with each other and sending each other silly pick up lines and it was just all good fun. I'd straight up told her i liked her and she'd sort of played it off because she also liked me but she really didn't like our age gap and still is really scared of what people will say when they find out.

So we stayed friends for like 5 months before one day we were just talking on our headsets and although it wasn't a really proper serious conversation i was just kinda asking her would it really be so bad if we dated, took about an hour of that conversation to get anywhere but eventually she was just like ah fuck it Lauren please be my girlfriend. I just kinda squealed and flailed and she was like ummm, is that a yes???. funny thing to look back on because yup she thinks that was adorable lol.

It's kinda weird because we acted like we dated when we were just friends so it's kinda just like we've officially been together for nearly 2 months. we play drinking games when we play our game together and we both get very affectionate when we drink we've learned so yeah she started calling me baby once when we were playing and i nearly cried of happiness. after that we just both sort of called each other pet names and said i love you when we had to go, we both meant it but never really made it clear that we did. Now we're dating she just uses even more cheesy pet names and chat up lines and is just an adorable dork. Basically we just say exactly what we say before but actually mean it now and can be happy about it :3

and that's the very long winded version. To sum it up: we both liked each other, she was too worried about things and it took me way too long to convince her to not care what people thought :3
          my girls <3

Josie (SO)
          Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
          Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
          Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
          Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
          Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
          Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
          Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
          All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

We met online talking about our favorite TV show at the time (Glee) and hit it off from there. ^^

Comment

Younow, I saw her broadcast and flirted my butt off. Got her Kik and snap chat that day and her number a week later. Meeting for the first time today.

Comment

Originally posted by Chloreyy View Post
                I met my partner on this website called 'Experience Project'. The website is FULL of catfish and only a small percentage of people have genuine profile pictures of themselves. My girlfriend signed up to the site and the first person she saw and messaged was myself. I thought that she was a catfish at first and had no idea why she was interested in me hehe. Three months later we started dating and another 2 months after that we met for the first time in person though it was only for one day. In total I have visited 4 times now

I also met my SO on Experience Project. I agree it is hard to meet genuine people on that site, and I actually wasn't looking for a relationship when I was on there.
                Just killing time but he and I had/have so much in common we just clicked.

I have been lucky enough to have been able to visit him 8 times in the past year (we are 700 miles apart) and I have a ninth visit planned for the summer.

Comment

We actually worked for the same company 12 years ago. We even went out a couple times. My ex apparently told him and others that I was with HIM.. so my SO left me alone.... And I never knew why he never asked me out again.....

Comment

I met her at a pub... She had such beautiful blonde short hair wearing a beanie.

Comment

Aw cute. How did you then keep in touch?
                      Last edited by Katy_G; May 27, 2016, 04:22 AM.

Comment

She lived down the road from said pub and I lived 5 minutes away. So shes only recently gone overseas for four months.

Comment

Me and my girl also meet in tumblr i just like her so much and so i did everything just to make her mine. Tho we cant be together sooner and we didnt even be together physically even ones. We just love each other so much that we didnt think of letting go.

Comment

I met my girl on June of 2014,on facebook,I had post something and she commented and I litterly thought "oh she's being nice ?" (Ahaha everyone was being me so that's why I thought that) but anyways when talked and talked I liked her so much but I didn't tell her at first,and then for the next few months we keep talking,well vocie called,vidoe chatted and I fell for her from day one,I loved her,and so I finally decided to tell her,and she felt the same but we wasn't able to be together at the moment! But a few months later I didn't care on Novmber 1 I asked her to be my girlfriend,she said yes,and although we haven't met in person yet I hope to meet her in person in a few months
                            (That's my story)

Comment

We went to school together. When we first met she actually had a girlfriend, but don’t worry, I didn’t split them up! We were friends and after they broke up we started to hang out more and after almost half a year of talking and going on dates, we officially became a couple!

Comment

I met my boyfriend on a metal dating site. (My first and last attempt at online dating lol) we both were hesitant at first but after taking communicating off the website and on to whatsapp and skype we just clicked and fell in love:-) When we met for the first time we just fell in love all over again lol
                                When they stand before us they find...A force they were not ready for.

Comment

Working...
                                X