Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did you meet your Boyfriend/Girlfriend??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met my girlfriend online about 14 months ago in a writing group. We met in person over 5 months ago and made it official.

Comment

My boyfriend and I met on a voluntary project in Africa
      (Didn't notice that I posted in the LGBT forum, sorry )
      Last edited by justsomeone; February 2, 2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

My boyfriend and I met on the dating site Plenty of Fish. It's an interesting story--I thought that he was so attractive that he would never be into me. Our relationship developed as a friendship for months before we ended up actually dating.

Comment

I met him on a dating site/social network. At first i was really not into a LDR but that changed when the feelings i had for him grew stronger and i realized that he's the person i want to be with in the future and have a family with

Comment

On Line dating site. The site put the city and the mileage but not the state, I didn't pay attention to the mileage, and the city name was the same as a 'burb in San Jose, as well as WA St! So I sent her a message and she wrote back in complete sentences with capital letters at the front and actual punctuation, plus we just clicked from then. I wasn't looking for a LDR but I had one for awhile. We moved in together a few months back so I guess we are no longer in a LDR.

Comment

We're both writers, and I became well known in the community for my realistic and respectful depictions of queer characters (I mean, it's pretty easy when you're queer yourself!). She wrote the similar type of stories and she was looking for a beta reader (a proofreader/editor, essentially). I messaged her and we started talking and!!!!!! Wow I pretty much fell for her immediatelly. Kept shooting myself down because I'm trans, she's not, the distance between us, her family wouldn't be okay with me, but my feelings only grew and my oblivious self started noticing that she liked me just as much.

We're still writing but now we work together, which is wonderful because none of my partners had taken an interest in my work before.

Comment

My SO and I met through a mutual friend way back when we were in high school.. we are now in our 40's.. after over 20 years, we reconnected on Facebook...
                -Xtina

Comment

We met on a volunteer trip last year, which was in his country and his school was collaborating with the organization I was going with. Almost like something from a movie, he confessed to me the day before I left his country to go back home

Comment

We met online, I messaged her and we clicked straight away. We've known each other almost 1 year and a half and been together officially for just over a year.

Comment

I met my fiance online through Tinder 2 yrs ago. At first I was hesitant to meet him up because I was just trying out Tinder by swiping for fun (influenced by friends XD). But his invite, like going to church and accompanying him just to not make him feel alone with a couple he's third wheeling at, convinced me to accept it because I know how it feels like. So then we met up in a mall together with the couple. So it was like a double-date to him but to me it wasn't. I really thought it's just a friendly hangout because I'm used to hanging out with guy friends without any malicious motives. I thought it'd be just only for that day only. But then on, he invited me again, and it was like this (double-date) every after class for around 5 days. During those times, I was not still aware or haven't really figured out yet what I really felt. I was just really enjoying the accompaniment I had. However, by the moment he had to leave, that's when I realized "I fell for him."

Comment

Originally posted by AdamFields
                        [deleted]
                        Reported
                        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

We actually started out on a dating app and it was moved to Snapchat. It was love at first sight! Ever since then, we've been talking. We really are hoping to meet each other very soon. She's going to join The Navy next year and I'll always be here to support her! We're really in love. She doesn't live too far away.

Comment

My girlfriend Jess and I met on Facebook, we’ve been talking more than a year. The more we talk by fb messenger and video chats, the more we connected and fell in love. She’s in the UK and I’m in the USA, she’ll be coming to visit me on the week of my birthday in August and this will be our first face to face meeting. We’ve been talking about our future together and it looks very bright. She’s my everything and the person I’ve been waiting for 😊😍

Comment

Met her on language exchange website. It took me 3 months to realize that she had a crush on me (and so did I later).😅 thanks to my friend who helped me realize it. Well, initially, it was like a little weird. I still remember that on the day of 17th June is when we first met. It was 7.01pm! Ahhhhhh... I'd say I am soooo lucky for getting a girl like her. None of you would ever believe this but yea, me and her, we both share like more than 95% things in common. Plusplusplus, a hell lot of coincidences happen between us too. Like, sometimes we speak alike, or act alike or randomly get active on chat at the same moment. Anyways, we have made a lot of plans for each other and well, we would be first meeting in this December. It's a time of 1 year and almost 6 months!! It's like we miss each other every day. And! To be honest, the best part about her is that she never got bored of me and we never even fought! Well, we did curse this whole world for being so cruel on us by keeping us apart with a really tough conservative family who dont believe in love marriage, but yes... one thing is for sure... when I said, we would live in an big home, with a big garden and a swimming pool, and we would have dozens of kids!!! Well, it was just like a joke, but then, she took it seriously... and said! No! Dozen is too much. 2 are enough!😂 that made it sure that she already accepted me...☺😭

Comment

Working...
                              X