Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting at last!!

Hi guys,
    thought you might like to know my story.
    In August of 2012, I was single after being married for several years. I was playing a game of Words with Friends to pass the time. I pressed 'random opponent', as I had done many times before. My random opponent started making polite conversation. I was very drawn to his sense of humor. We established that Justin was in Australia and I am in the US. Our polite chatting via the game progressed to where we weren't actually playing the game, just chatting. He asked if we might be able to text, so thanks to the wonders of modern technology (AKA Viber) we started texting. After several thousand texts, he asked if he could call me.....let me tell you, I was greeted by the most amazingly sexy Australian accent... I just melted!! At this point we still had no idea what each other looked like. We exchanged photographes via email... and boy what a lovely surprise it was. He was the tall dark handsome guy I'd always dreamed of. Well, to cut a long story short, we have spent since late August/early September, talking, texting, skyping. Every day we talk...our longest conversation to date lasted more than 8 hours....
    So on August 22nd, Justin, my amazingly caring, understanding, and wonderful LDR boyfriend, is making the 11,000 mile journey to visit me!!!! I'm so excited!!
    I can't tell you it's been easy, coz it hasn't....but it's been soooo worth it!! Living in different times zones has had his challenges. I'm going to bed when Justin is getting up and vice versa, so one or other of us misses out on sleep....frequently! I feel like our relationship has reached a much deeper level of love, trust and respect than it would have, had our relationship been 'physical' earlier. I would never have believed I could have fallen for someone I have never physically met, but we have spent so much time getting to know each other... and the other important thing is that our relationship is in no way superficial, since we had no idea what each other looked like until we had gotten to know each other some. The other factor is, that neither of us was looking for love, so there was no agenda. He really is the man of my dreams..... He makes me laugh, he's always there for me, is all about making me happy....the most selfless person I have every met. We never struggle for things to talk about. We watch movies, TV shows, exchange LOLs, just have alot of fun 'together'. Obviously there's tons more I could write, but don't want to bore you.
    Well, I am counting down the days now.... I have no idea what the future holds for us, but for right now I'm just focusing on us meeting.
    I'll keep you posted.
    I'm more than happy to answer any questions re our LDR, if it will help. PM me also if you like.
    Take care,
    Angel84

Wow thats exciting... Keep us updated and some PHOTOS as well :P

Comment

That's great ! Have a wonderful first meeting. And yeeees, keep us posted

Comment

That's awesome!! Congratulations!

Comment

How exciting I'm flying from Aus to USA Aug 21st LOL the flights are long but they are definately worth it
          ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Working...
          X