Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ways to feel closer to your partner whilst you're way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways to feel closer to your partner whilst you're way?

I'm looking for suggestions of things I can do to feel closer to my boyfriend and vice versa. Neither of us are keen on the idea of Skype sleep overs. I have considered giving him a little gift to remind him of me, however everything I seem to come up with is too girly.

Someone told my husband and I to sleep in a t-shirt for a week, then you trade t-shirts and your significant other has your t-shirt that smells like you.

Comment

Originally posted by WaitingInChicago View Post
      Someone told my husband and I to sleep in a t-shirt for a week, then you trade t-shirts and your significant other has your t-shirt that smells like you.
      Thanks you

Comment

Go to bed at the same time! - Even with a time difference of 6 hours we managed to do that a couple times!
        Have a meal together! - we sometimes eat on skype, he eats lunch, I eat dinner :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

We shared little pictures of what we were doing throughout the day. The sandwich I was having for lunch at work, he'd take a pic of where he was working that day, helped us feel part of each other's life with the little things.

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
            Go to bed at the same time! - Even with a time difference of 6 hours we managed to do that a couple times!
            Have a meal together! - we sometimes eat on skype, he eats lunch, I eat dinner :P
            I think we usually go to bed roughly about the same time. We usually meet up twice a month so we have meals together often anyway, cute idea if we saw each other less often though.

Comment

I do ocassionally do things like that but I think it might annoy him if I did it everyday. Thanks though

Comment

My friends and family find it weird, but we fall asleep on the phone together. Even if we're to tired to talk we feel closer, like we're laying right next to each other. We also watch movies and play video games together.

Comment

Hello! Has anyone heard of LovePalz? This is the best thing for my BF and I to use since i miss our intimate moments together.
                  Last edited by ICLovePalz; August 15, 2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

My SO and I give each other pieces of clothing or favorite items all the time. I leave something almost everytime I leave her place. This time I left her my favorite pair of Converses so she can wear them all the time! (good thing we have the same size feet! hehe) I have her favorite Nightmare Before Christmas blanket and I sleep with it every night. Those little things help a lot.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                    Married April 18th, 2015!!
                    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Got some useful tips here.. Thanks guys.. Time difference between my SO and I is 6hours, So must time i talk her to sleep. And on some occasions she wakes up in the middle of the night to talk me to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by rosiemichelle View Post
                        I do ocassionally do things like that but I think it might annoy him if I did it everyday. Thanks though
                        My SO would be the same way, he's not a big fan of talking over the telephone or texting. So I think if I did that everyday it would start to annoy him.

Comment

I write him a letter every month, and sometimes I'll send him two or three on one month.
                          I print out photos and send those to him as well.
                          It does get hard sometimes trying to figure how to feel closer to him sometimes
                          I believe that the smallest and simple gestures really do matter.
                          I appreciate it when he tells me when he's home and if he's going out, even though I'm sleeping
                          sigpic
                          Met August 2012
                          Official Nov. 18 2012
                          Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
                          He's visiting April 7-28 2014
                          I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

My wife and I used to swap t-shirts when we're apart for longer periods of time, but now we're using a Chrome extension (Disco - www[dot]discome[dot]com). We can leave each other notes on top of any webpage! They're like getting little reminders that we're thinking of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by ICLovePalz View Post
                              Hello! Has anyone heard of LovePalz? This is the best thing for my BF and I to use since i miss our intimate moments together.
                              I can see the point of it; like interactive lovemaking to a new level and also similar to those vibrators or vibrating eggs with remote control. Though the consept seems a bit centred on the straight fucking. I would so miss to make real the skin contact, and also he really likes to lick me and I guess he would miss out
                              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                              X