Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ways to feel closer to your partner whilst you're way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aojeda50 View Post
    I write him a letter every month, and sometimes I'll send him two or three on one month.
    I print out photos and send those to him as well.
    It does get hard sometimes trying to figure how to feel closer to him sometimes
    I believe that the smallest and simple gestures really do matter.
    I appreciate it when he tells me when he's home and if he's going out, even though I'm sleeping
    I try to write him letters once a month as well (1 letter so far and have started on the 2nd), am trying to find inspiration here for the best letter Also I agree with you on the simple gestures. We have a standing agreement to Skype each night, so he always tells me when that will be and otherwise what he is doing this day and the next. It is so much part of the boyfriend feeling. If he just told me when he would be on (and not details of what he is doing) I think I would feel more like his lover than his girlfriend. Like today I got to know that he and his brothers are cleaning his mother & grandmother's garden. I know what they are growing there and what the landscape looks like andand so I can imagine what it is like for him to be there, today he is at a party with his cousins, I really like to know where he is at, it brings me peace and makes me feel close to him.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by rosiemichelle View Post
      I'm looking for suggestions of things I can do to feel closer to my boyfriend and vice versa. Neither of us are keen on the idea of Skype sleep overs. I have considered giving him a little gift to remind him of me, however everything I seem to come up with is too girly.
      The gifts I have gotten my SO so far:
      - October: a necless (he wears it every day. I go the juveler to try it on, so as to see that it was masculine)
      - November: a smart phone (bying on Tuesday!)
      - December: I am planning to make him a compliment book, either 52 cards/compliments or a 101 compliments book. He likes honest praise I also think I will make him some cookies and put in a box (saw that tip in here), because he is curious of my cooking (I have not yet been able to cook for him).
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

lol the upper poster, I just checked what love palz is. I never knew such thing exists. Either way, sadly my bf isnt like that...he's too logical for mushy stuff

Comment

Exchanging clothing items is a great way to feel connected because just having the smell of your significant other on the clothing item can make you guys feel closer. Me and my boyfriend just started doing this thing where we have a shared journal. So I will have the journal for a week or so and just write about my day or any random thoughts I have and then I will mail it to him so he can write in it for the next week. It's just another way to feel connected while also giving each other something to look forward to.

Comment

Working...
          X