What's app and Tango

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's app and Tango

I'd like to share the two most important apps that are helping me survive my LDR:

What's App

and

Tango

Of course, a smartphone with an internet connection is a must for these two. What's app is a wonderful texting app that uses the internet. You can share audio files, pictures and of course text messages. It's more like a chat than 'SMS'. The app tells you if the other person is online, when he was online the last time and even when he or she is typing. It usually works great, in my two years of LDR I can count the number of issues I had on one hand!

Tango is like Skype. In my experience, skype doesn't do well with smart phones. It kept crashing and the quality was awful. Tango is pretty much the same but the sound and video quality is so much better and adapted to smart phones.

I hope this helps (:

HA! If only he would get a smartphone! But I realize he's a bit of a dinosaur. A curmudgeon, really. Oh well.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
      HA! If only he would get a smartphone! But I realize he's a bit of a dinosaur. A curmudgeon, really. Oh well.
      haha that's cute Well, when is his birthday?

Comment

You should actually be able to text now on tango

Comment

Originally posted by CutieTii View Post
          You should actually be able to text now on tango
          yup! Just like on skype too (: I prefer what's app still for texting though

Comment

whatsapp can also be used with a wifi connection as well, but I don't like tango so I use Viber (similar to skype) which also can be used with a wifi connection.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I use Viber for my family and my boyfriend heh ^^ I will never use Skype on mobile its really bad for it lol I even tried with WiFi not very good on WiFi even still sadly so I will keep using Viber

Comment

I love tango. Skype crashes for us a lot too.

Comment

I bought skype minutes. Which is GREAT! Now we can talk on the phone without a wifi connection. And the reception is good usually!
                  And yes we used to do whatsapp too. And Viber. And Facetime...
                  Anything to see my baby!!

Comment

I haven' tried Whatsapp yet, but we use Skype and Viber a lot, we have also used the video function on Facebook, and Tango, and others. None of us had smart phones before we got together (and not my husband either! He too wanted one after we bought ours), I guess we helped each other out of the dinosaur era
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                      I haven' tried Whatsapp yet, but we use Skype and Viber a lot, we have also used the video function on Facebook, and Tango, and others. None of us had smart phones before we got together (and not my husband either! He too wanted one after we bought ours), I guess we helped each other out of the dinosaur era
                      It's amazing how much they help esp in an LDR

Comment

We use Whatsapp when we're out and about, or he's at school and I'm at home, or vice versa. Otherwise, we use Skype, Steam chat on occasion and despite Skype's crashes, it's probably the best thing for our needs.

Comment

Working...
                        X