X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Fairy Tale ♡ much love and many tears

Hi Everyone!!

I'd love to share my LDR story with you guys ♡

My name is Sam and I am currently 22 years old. I'm German but I moved to Belgium a few years back.
    Not that this matters much distance-wise because my now-fiancé lives in Seattle, WA, America, 9 timezones far away.

♡ How we met

In October of 2011 me and my friend Zoe went to London to a convention, just for fun. My fiancé Jordan was also there - for work (:
    We started talking to each other in the hotel lobby and when we said our good byes in the elevator, on our way to our own rooms, we got off at the same floor, went into the same hallway and then discovered that our rooms were right next to each other! This led to 3 days of fun which is the beginning of my wonderful love story <3 Well, mostly wonderful, if you're reading this I'm sure you know the pain and loneliness that comes with a long distance relationship...
    We both fell in love during that weekend in London but we thought we wouldn't work because of the distance. We exchanged Skype and FB anyway and after we both went home, we skyped each and every day until morning and after two weeks of doing so, we decided to give it a try anyway <3
    Two weeks after he asked me out he came to visit me in Belgium and we had the most wonderful time together. This was the first of many visits!

♡ Our Engagement

My birthday is in April but Jordan had to work so he couldn't come over. But one week after my birthday he surprised me by showing up at my surprise birthday party, which was, as I later found out, actually an engagement party <3 I was so extremely happy that Jordan was there but I didn't expect what he came for: I unwrapped the presents from all of my friends and the last present was from "anonymous" and when I opened it...there was a ring inside! Jordan then took the ring out of the box and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him <3 I said "YES, ALL OF MY YES" which I am still being made fun of haha <3

♡ Our Future

In december of this year I will finally move in with my beloved fiancé in Seattle, WA <3 I am currently fixing my applications and visas for the schools I will attend there and once I am done studying, we are going to marry <3

Since I will be leaving behind a lot of family members and friends (and also just because I enjoy it) I am keeping a video diary on youtube!
    You can check it out here if you want:

Thank you guys so much for reading this, I am so happy and looking forward to December so much! My friends are very supportive but they don't know what it's like so I am very happy to have you guys to talk to!

Love,
    Sam

Last edited by USofSam; August 21, 2013, 06:02 PM.

That's such an amazingly sweet story, especially the part about the surprise engagement party! And you look so good together too.

I wish you both the very best of luck and thank you for sharing your story.

Comment

Aww that's sweet. I wish you the best of luck ! You two are a lovely couple
      Am excited to see your videos.

Comment

Nice video! I love the story of how you met! Very cute! Good luck with everything!

Comment

That's a sweet story; thanks for sharing

You guys look adorable together.
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Such a sweet story! I'm so happy for you guys! Good luck with everything!

Comment

Thank you for sharing your lovely story with us all!
              It was really cute, I'm glad you guys could work things out and be together.

Comment

Thank you so so much for your support everyone! It really means a lot to me

Comment

I felt like posting some of my favorite pictures of us <3

First visit: Cathedral in Antwerp

First visit: together on "the other side of the screen" (:

Second Visit: we went to Paris and Amsterdam!

First time of me visiting HIM in Seattle!

We look so young on this haha

Saying good bye at the airport

Comment

That's a sweet story, and you two make a VERY beautiful couple!! Congratulations on your engagement, and I really hope that everything works out with your visas and such. I barely know you, and I'm already excited to hear about your future wedding. ^_^

Comment

You both make a lovely couple, wish you the best of luck!

Comment

We closed the distance, guys! <3 Never give up hope!

https://theusofsam.tumblr.com/

Comment

Yey! Congrats!

Comment

That is the best story! Thank you for sharing, as it gives us all hope. It's great to hear some good news, too. Wish you both the best.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
                              That is the best story! Thank you for sharing, as it gives us all hope. It's great to hear some good news, too. Wish you both the best.
                              Thank you so much (: succes stories are a good motivator when in a long distance relationship, there is always hope (:

Comment

Working...
                              X