No announcement yet.

Open When Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love these ideas!!! Im already planning out ones that i want to send with my boyfriend when he goes to Zambia

I found this on the Internet and thought I'd share!

-When you're sick… (included Tylenol and Dayquil along with a feel better note)
    -miss my kisses…(lip prints on paper cut out with little notes written on the back of them)
    -April Fools Day....(included 'doughnut seeds'(cheerios))
    -you get bored....(word search for him about love stuff)
    -when you're hurting…(included band-aids, and Tylenol)
    -you need a laugh…(funny one liner jokes, pictures of me being silly)
    -Halloween…(candy, stickers, picture in costume)
    -New Year’s Eve…(send a kiss and a list of resolutions)
    -Sunny day....(sun glasses)
    -when we haven't talked in awhile....(recorded message )
    -you're thinking about us…(memories and photos)
    -you feel like the distance is too much…(qoutes about the distance, a plane ticket)
    -when you're mad…(quotes, i love you, i'm sorrys, calm down and call me)
    -when you're sad…(packet of tissues, extra “i love you”s)
    -your birthday..(confetti, balloon with secret message, candle,$10 to buy a cupcake)
    -when u miss me…(card with my perfume, kisses on paper, photos, i miss you more)
    -when ur bored…(His and Her questions, color pages and colored pencils, my favorite movie)
    - when u need extra love…(lyrics to our song, heart confetti,secret admirer note)
    -when ur happy..(why i love you pad( 1 blank,1 filled), quotes and pictures of cute ****)
    -when u feel alone..(trace a hug, quotes, were under the same sky)
    -when u feel like giving up…(inspirational sayings, call me)
    -when you miss my southern sweet charm…(sweet tea, packs of sugar, favorite candy)
    -first to open..(explain the rest of the letters, how much i love and miss him)
    -you feel out of place…( a necklace of the US with our hearts)
    -your nervous…(a lucky rabbits foot)
    -when its a hot day..(money for snow cone, sand, sun confetti)
    -when its a cold day..(gift card for cocoa, snowflakes,beanie)
    -ur having a rough day..(soothing tea,chocolate,i love you,confetti)
    -you want to feel appreciated..(list of what hes good at)
    -u feel unloved..(how much i love him, how crazy i am for him)
    -ur mad at me…(stress reliever, i love yous, i'm sorrys, your rights)
    -you don't feel handsome..(list of why he is handsome)
    -you wanna give up on us…( don't)
    -when its snowing outside..(show me, i love snow)
    -when you need to hear a story..(write him one)
    -rant or cannot let something go (some paper to rant on and a lighter to burn it and let it go)
    -when your pissed off...
    -ur frown needs to be turned upside down..
    -when your heart is pounding hard…
    -when you need a confidence boost..
    -when you feel overwhelmed…
    -when you feel unwanted…
    -when its raining outside…
    -When You want to hear a dumb joke …
    -when its our first night together..
    -when its our first night apart…
    -when you feel guilty..
    -when you pick me up from the airport…
    -when we want to do something cute..
    -You want to know when I started falling in love with you...
    -You want to listen to songs that remind me of you/us...
    -You need to know how happy you make me...
    -you're annoyed..
    -everything seems to be going wrong..
    -you forget how strong you are…
    -u want to know who makes my heart beat..
    -ive fallen asleep on you..
    -you've had a bad dream..
    -you want to know what reminds me of you..
    -you miss my face…
    -you cant sleep…
    -its christmas..
    -you think you're losing me..
    -you're worried about me..
    -you had a long day..

Comment

Thank you all for these posts. I love the ideas. I was planning on sending my SO a package soon and wanted something else to go in it, so I will definitely be adding some of these letters. Thanks!

Comment

I just finished these! I made 6 envelopes, not really that much, but I figured I could always make more later. I just have to mail them to him now I'd post a link but I don't think I'm allowed to do that yet.

Comment

Awesome ideas. Thanks everyone.
          Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post
            This probably overlaps with a lot of y'alls ideas.. but I came across this on tumblr a while ago and saved it onto a Word document :P

• Open when you need to know how much I love you: write reasons why you love them and fell in love with them
            • Open when you’re mad at me: apologize for something or talk about what you would do if you were together to make it better
            • Open when you miss me: talk about a memory; or make up something you could do together
            • Open when you’re lonely: talk about what would happen if you were together at that moment
            • Open when you’re happy: write things to make them happier and talk about why it’s important for them to be happy
            • Open when you’ve had a long day: what you would do to help them relax
            • Open when you’ve had a bad day: what you would do to make it better
            • Open when you’re sick: same as above
            • Open when you’ve left me after visiting: talk about how the distance is worth it and that every time you are together is perfect and will be even more perfect the next time!
            • Open when you can’t sleep: give them a soothing memory of the 2 of you to think about while they close their eyes
            • Open when you’re horny: i don’t need to explain this one..lols
            • Open when you’re imagining our future: talk about something you both will share in the future; marriage, kids, vacations, holidays, etc.
            • Open when we can’t communicate with each other: tell them everything you love about them and why; that is all that matters
            • Open when you need a reminder of all the things I love about you: self explanatory
            • Open when you need motivation/encouragement.: tell them you are proud and why; tell them all of their achievements and why thats amazing
            • Open when you need to laugh.: tell a funny story about yourself that they don’t know or a funny memory that you both share
            • Open when you’re bored: tell them a made up story; a memory; a fantasy
            • Open when we’re fighting (and it’s you’re fault): tell them you forgive them and that you love them no matter what
            • Open when we’re fighting (and it’s my fault): say you’re sorry and that you love them
            • Open when you need a kiss: add a hershey kiss
            • Open when you miss America: put in pictures of their family, their town, their favorite spot, make a place that is special to the both of you
            • Open when you need some lovin’: take a piece of paper and lay it on a flat, hard surface and grab some lipstick; put A LOT of the lipstick on and kiss the paper as it lays flat; now they will have a bunch of kissies from you!
            Such a good list! I want to make these for when my bf comes (or, rather when he is about to leave). Then his post -visit blues may be easier this time.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Brieasaurus View Post
              I started doing open when letters awhile ago but got bored haha, so I have about 8 done and just sitting there in my room. Good thing our three year anniversary isn't until November!

Anyways I have-
              Open when.. you're feeling sad- letter, some funny memes from movies he likes backed with colored cardstock, pictures of us.
              Open when.. you're sick- letter, pack of tissue that all say "you had me from achoo", orange cough drops (his favorite), a pass for me making him my mom's chicken noodle soup (which he loves) and the recipe for it, and a couple of feel better stickers I got from Michaels.
              Open when.. you're super duper horny- haha, I don't think this one needs much explanation.
              Open when.. you miss me- I did a cut out of my arms and attached them to the traced outline of my body so it's like a paper version of a hug (it was a pain in the ass, I've seen others just do a picture of their arms outstretched, seems easier), pictures of us, a letter, a list of reasons why he shouldn't miss me (sarcastic, like "you don't have to watch The Notebook" or "my animals aren't climbing all over you" haha)- still adding to this.
              Open when.. you want to buy me a gift but don't know what to get *hinthint*- this one is purely a joke because we rarely buy gifts, just put the money towards visits since it's so tight but I made a collage of things that I wouldn't mind getting.. an engagement ring being number 2 and him being number 1 haha.
              Open when.. you have a bad golf/hockey day- I got a cheesy little trophy from a party store that had "#1 athlete!" written on it, wrote down his best scores, pictures of me in all of his various team shirts that he's given me, found some little encouraging notes from Urban Outfitters that I threw in there and a letter.
              Open when.. you're thinking about the future- I drew a cheesy picture of us in our future house and him holding the stanley cup, put a letter- this is when my creativity fizzed out.

Then I have the ideas of-
              Open when.. you're thinking of popping the question, Open when.. we move into our first house together, Open when.. we fight and it's MY fault, Open when.. we fight and it's YOUR fault, Open when.. you're on the plane going home.

There's tons of ideas on tumblr, that's mainly where I got all of mine from besides some of our personal ones. One girl went into detail with pictures of hers. I didn't like how sloppy and plain some of them were so for me, I made it a goal to make them look a more fun and like I put hard work into them- they're big brown envelopes with a piece of colored cardstock and then I got those fancy squiggly scissors to cut out a piece of white paper where I got whatever the Open when.. part said. If you ever need help thinking, send me a PM! We can help each other out with ideas haha.
              How long were your letters? I get carried away with my letters and the "open when" thing puts me off thinking I'll have to write long letters for each one.

Comment

I just made a re-usable "Open when"
                ...you don't know which movie to watch..I put in a ziploc bag with Little pieces of paper, all of them with movies I have seen, and also wrote down what I thought of the movies. His quest is to watch them all (yes, also stuff like gone with the wind, or war horse) and tell me what he thinks of it after he has seen it

Then, as he is into sports, i wrote a "open when you have a sports injury" it has a little tube of a cooling-gel in it.

I also did a "open when you are in the mood for a fairytale" where I sort of describe how we met in a fairytale way, with princesses and soldiers and horses and Castles and all. As we always make fun of him being a northener and me from the east, and both love Game of Thrones, it was quite easy, and I took Westeros as the Setting of the Story.
                Last edited by Nymeria; November 13, 2014, 09:17 AM.
                happiness can be found in the darkest of places, if only you remember to turn on the light

Comment

Originally posted by Nymeria View Post
                  I just made a re-usable "Open when"
                  ...you don't know which movie to watch..I put in a ziploc bag with Little pieces of paper, all of them with movies I have seen, and also wrote down what I thought of the movies. His quest is to watch them all (yes, also stuff like gone with the wind, or war horse) and tell me what he thinks of it after he has seen it

Then, as he is into sports, i wrote a "open when you have a sports injury" it has a little tube of a cooling-gel in it.

I also did a "open when you are in the mood for a fairytale" where I sort of describe how we met in a fairytale way, with princesses and soldiers and horses and Castles and all. As we always make fun of him being a northener and me from the east, and both love Game of Thrones, it was quite easy, and I took Westeros as the Setting of the Story.
                  I love the movie idea! I am going to steal it for movie nights!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I'm doing this for him for Christmas this year. I love all the ideas and have chosen 13 of my favorites plus the one he opens that explains how it all works. I pulled out all my scrapbooking things and should be able to incorporate stickers, etc from these to help me decorate the envelopes and items. (I can't draw for anything, so I guess this will work.) I'm really excited and hope he likes it!
                    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Really helpful for everyone. Thanks and keep sharing with us

Comment

I did this once but we had a fight and I stupidly threw them in the bin before I could send them to him :-/
                        This post has really inspired me to do it again, and see it through this time

Comment

Is it weird that I'm a guy and I want to do this? It just seems like an awesome idea!! Who wouldn't want to receive these and open them when they need to?

Comment

I did these for my SO for valentines day so they're currently traveling to get to her right now. In with each letter i have a little piece of paper with a reason i love her on it and a cute little sticker with a heart or something equally cute. I also included a $15 amazon gift card in one of them since i didn't have any dollars and i put other thoughtful things in there like hot chocolate and coffee sachets. Obviously I don't know what her reaction to them is yet but i'll be sure to keep you guys updated :3
                            my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                            Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                            Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                            Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                            Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                            Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                            Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                            Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                            All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Working...
                            X