TWO Great Love Letter Ideas!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWO Great Love Letter Ideas!!!

So here are two things that my boyfriend and I did for one another when we both had to leave for college!

First! We bought two plain English or Lab composition notebooks. We wrote in there the kind of 101's of our relationships. Like "I don't like it when x, y, z happens
    or "I love how..." and that sort of thing. We made chapters on what to do in certain situations, or how to handle other situations, as well as all the sappy reasons we love each other! So we read these on occasions when we are missing each other or when we just want to learn what we can do to improve (NOT to change).

Second! I bought really nice scrapbook paper, and he did his on lined paper -- they are called "Open When..." letters. We each did 17 since we would not see each other for 17 weeks! These letters are not meant to be opened on a weekly schedule but whenever the time fits. For example, I did the follow Open When letters:

Open when...
    ...you feel lonely
    ...you feel like crying
    ...you're stressed out
    ...you need to be reminded why I love you
    ...you are not feeling well or if you are sick
    ...you are seeking reassurance about yourself
    ...you leave my College Campus
    ...you miss me
    ...you can't sleep
    ...we are fighting
    ...I am not helping
    ...you are feeling insecure about ANYTHING
    ...you get a bad grade on something important
    ...you have a down right crummy day
    ...you feel like we're slipping, like the distance is too much to handle, or you feel like we NEED to break up
    ...I'm being moody, annoying, stubborn, bummy, or all of the above
    ...it is the day before you get to see me again!!!

I think these open when letters are absolutely incredible. They are sweet and have brought tears to my eyes so I would HIGHLY suggest this!!!

Share your stories!<3

Those sound like some pretty good ideas! Thanks for sharing, you've given me a bit of inspiration ^_^

Comment

Glad I could help!

Comment

Glad ive seen this really. I started doing this last week (early stages of planning it)

Just ordered my coloured envelopes and ribbons
        Ive noted down the ones i want to do
        and now its just a matter of getting all the bits together for it.

We are 3 months through our 6 month seperation and i want to get them done and sent off to he has something to get through for the last 2 months leading up to us being reuinted. Pretty excited!

I shall be doing this when he gets deployed in June for 12 months too!

Comment

I love this!! Especially the notebook idea and you gave me some ideas of what to write for the Open When letters Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Louise_B View Post
            Glad ive seen this really. I started doing this last week (early stages of planning it)

Just ordered my coloured envelopes and ribbons
            Ive noted down the ones i want to do
            and now its just a matter of getting all the bits together for it.

We are 3 months through our 6 month seperation and i want to get them done and sent off to he has something to get through for the last 2 months leading up to us being reuinted. Pretty excited!

I shall be doing this when he gets deployed in June for 12 months too!
            That's so wonderful!! I've never been apart form my boyfriend that long! We are going through our first really long separation of just over four months and we are about three weeks into it! So far so good

I would LOVE to hear more about how you two progress!! Lots of Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by RachelAnne View Post
              I love this!! Especially the notebook idea and you gave me some ideas of what to write for the Open When letters Thanks!!
              Glad I could help<3 I hope your S.O. enjoys them

Comment

I absolutely love the Open When letter idea!!!
                I might just do that with my SO! Thanks for the recommendation!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing! This is a really cute idea. Got some new inspiration (:

Comment

Awesome ideas, thanks for sharing.
                    Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

I love the ideas you came up with. I love to write my SO letters, and she loves reading them. This idea can add some variety to what I get to write and give each more of a focus. Thanks for the help!

Comment

I love the idea

Comment

I like that idea. Thank you!

Comment

Loving this!! <3

Comment

Great Idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X