Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'What is the nature of this trip, m'am?' Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'What is the nature of this trip, m'am?' Help!

This is a question for couples who have driven across the Canada/US border to visit their SO. What did you tell the border patrol officer? I'm a little worried..it's my first time going down to visit my SO, and he says he doesn't tell the border that he's coming to see his girlfriend, because apparently they'll be less likely to let you across thinking you won't be coming back.
    Has anyone gone through this situation? What did you do? How did it go?
    I'm leaving tomorrow morning very early so if anyone could get back to me on this that would be great!
    The reason I'm going down is I'm going to a football game, and then I'm just planning on hanging out with my SO for the rest of the visit. A college football game takes, what 2-3 hours? What am I going to do in the time between Friday and Monday? Nothing...

Tell them you are going to see a football game at a friends college and then hang out with some friends.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
      Tell them you are going to see a football game at a friends college and then hang out with some friends.
      Exactly. As easy as that!!

Good luck!

Comment

Yeah, this is an easy one. There's nothing suspicious about crossing the Canadian/US border by car, to hang out with friends for the weekend. Your boyfriend is right though, don't mention him.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I really suggest you say you're going to visit a friend. The ONE and only time I said I was going to see my girlfriend, I was asked like 20 questions and then I had to explain how we met online. He didn't seem convinced but he let me through to the States. lol It was the only and last time. Never had issues saying friend.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
          Married April 18th, 2015!!
          Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Thank you guys so much!

Comment

OLD thread! sorry
              Last edited by Petals; November 27, 2014, 11:50 AM.
              Met Online : July 2013
              Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
              2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
              3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
              Proposal : December 2014
              Closed distance : February 2015
              Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Working...
              X