Having a difficult day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a difficult day

I am having a difficult time today...can't seem to concentrate on anything and struggling quite a bit.

The thing that is boggling me is that I am starting to sincerely crave for my SO. It's been 2 months since we've seen one another. The plan was that he was supposed to come up sometime this month, possibly for Thanksgiving. Then on Wednesday he was offered an absolute WONDERFUL job opportunity and he really can't leave. I am absolutely happy for him! I am! I even got really excited when he told me. I think it just took 2 days to really sink in the results of his opportunity. So I sit here today being unproductive. I spent the morning looking up bus tickets and I can't afford them, see with me I have 2 travelers (myself and my DD). I could drive down to see him, but my vacation time is used up until the first of the year and I am supposed to work on the day after Thanksgiving and I cannot afford to take unpaid time off. Besides he might be working the weekend anyhow so it'd be a waste... because he'd be dead exhausted when he got home and what would I do to entertain my DD all day while he was at work?? We discussed it a bit this morning, then I told him that we'll have to take it a day at a time (after venting my frustrations to a friend who gave me the same advice).

Oh and it doesn't help that I'm PMSing either lol

I just feel that without an actual date to look forward to that I will lose my mind and do something absolutely insane like just pack my apartment up and leave PERMANENTLY. Advice??

I know how you feel about not having an actual date to look forward to. Two weeks ago I had to leave my SO after spending a week with him and had to leave knowing I won't know when I'm going to see him next time and it'll take AT LEAST until the mid of February to see him again and that is the best case scenario. It was very hard to leave, but I took it this way - I have him in my life no matter what and i just have to accept this distance because I don't have another choice for now and I have to focus on something else. Working most of the time, but there are very difficult days. So far, my best way has been just to distract myself or spend some more time with him on Skype. Just have to remind yourself that it's only temporary and it's worth the wait.

Comment

me and him are going to be that way after new years. im spending 2 weeks with his family and im super excited but after that we have NO clue when we will see each other. it sucks so bad but just work on it hard and it will be worth it in the end

Comment

Working...
      X