Planning children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
    Your relationship plans sound much more like polyandry than polyamorous.
    I couldn't remember off hand what that meant, so I googled. Here's for everyone else, so they don't have to google:

Polygamy refers to the practice of having more than one spouse. It is broader than polygyny, which refers to situations where one man has multiple wives, and polyandry, which refers to one woman with multiple husbands.
    From here.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Your relationship plans sound much more like polyandry than polyamorous.
      Not necessarily--differentcountries never said that her husband wasn't allowed to be involved with someone else as well. Unless I missed something.

(Yes, I still lurk creepily.)

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
        Not necessarily--differentcountries never said that her husband wasn't allowed to be involved with someone else as well. Unless I missed something.

(Yes, I still lurk creepily.)
        True. But the plan sounds mostly like just her alternating between two men. I wonder where the other women would stay?

Comment

True. But the plan sounds mostly like just her alternating between two men. I wonder where the other women would stay?
          And this is exactly why I could never do polyamory (though I have absolutely nothing against it!). The logistics alone would do my head in, never mind the price of rent.

Comment

Yeah, I'm curious as to whether differentcountries husband get himself another girlfriend, if he were so inclined.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I have written in other posts about my husband. He actually wants a girlfriend and has been sort of dating. I don't mind exept he tends to get his heart broken.

Anyway, it all depends on the people involved. If my husband got a girlfriend she would not neccesarily live with us or be involved in baby stuff. It is not like everybody has to share a house. The reason i am considering it is because so far we get along really well. I , boyfriend and husband has yet to go into details about the future. But yes, husband can have others, he is just not very good at it... And boyfriend so not interested in more girlfriends.
              Last edited by differentcountries; December 19, 2013, 10:07 AM.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I see now that some female members in here actually do get pregnant or try to become so before closing the distance. Granted, most did not announce it on The Forum forehand (or possably anywhere else)... Still it is being done. Am I the only one unapopogizing enough to say it out loud, though many do the same? (the irony of course being I don't actually do it, not now anyway)
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                  I see now that some female members in here actually do get pregnant or try to become so before closing the distance. Granted, most did not announce it on The Forum forehand (or possably anywhere else)... Still it is being done. Am I the only one unapopogizing enough to say it out loud, though many do the same? (the irony of course being I don't actually do it, not now anyway)
                  Maybe they don't feel the need to share such intimate details of their lives with internet strangers? Just, guessing, though.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                    Maybe they don't feel the need to share such intimate details of their lives with internet strangers? Just, guessing, though.
                    Agreed! There are many things I don't share here, especially when it's of an intimate nature. Just because one person is comfortable sharing every single detail of their lives, doesn't mean everybody is. For the record though, NO! I would never plan to have a child while still LD, at least not ever on purpose.
                    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
                      Agreed! There are many things I don't share here, especially when it's of an intimate nature. Just because one person is comfortable sharing every single detail of their lives, doesn't mean everybody is. For the record though, NO! I would never plan to have a child while still LD, at least not ever on purpose.
                      Dangit. You quoted me, and now I see that I had a stray comma. Now I can't fix it.

Comment

+ Moon
                        You may very well be right. Interesting still that out of all the subjects this is the one people find is too intimate to talk of both of their own life and even as a general topic. People have different things they feel are private and that is their call. Maybe I come off as seeing this from a strange angle, but half my friends are lesbian and in our 30 's, and the question "are you planning children? " is not perticulary rude in our crowd. Because it would require planning. Anyway, it was more the reaction I got from voicing my stuff... When it seems my feelings are not very original. I hardly share every single detail of my life, perhaps I just find other stuff emberrasing to voice than some. Which is all fine. Sometimes interesting which toes are stepped on under which heading.
                        Last edited by differentcountries; January 13, 2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

+ Moon
                          You may very well be right. Interesting still that out of all the subjects this is the one people find is too intimate to talk of both of their own life and even as a general topic. People have different things they feel are private and that is their call. Maybe I come off as seeing this from a strange angle, but half my friends are lesbian and in our 30 's, and the question "are you planning children? " is not perticulary rude in our crowd. Because it would require planning. Anyway, it was more the reaction I got from voicing my stuff... When it seems my feelings are not very original. I hardly share every single detail of my life, perhaps I just find other stuff emberrasing to voice than some. Which is all fine. Sometimes interesting which toes are stepped on under which heading.
                          Or, some people may be too busy with real life - aka life offline - to share. Or haven't seen this thread.

Personally, I don't plan on telling anyone when my husband and I start trying to have kids. I will probably end up telling a few close friends that we're thinking about it, but, definitely not internet strangers. It's not that I think it's a taboo topic, it's just not something I'd share.

Comment

Or, some people may be too busy with real life - aka life offline - to share. Or haven't seen this thread.

Personally, I don't plan on telling anyone when my husband and I start trying to have kids. I will probably end up telling a few close friends that we're thinking about it, but, definitely not internet strangers. It's not that I think it's a taboo topic, it's just not something I'd share.
                            So you mean, you aren't going to share the birthing video either???? :O

Comment

+ Moon
                              I'm a very private person, therefore I tend to not share certain parts of my life, unless I think I can either help someone, or use my experiences to emphasize a point. My boyfriend is a really private guy, so even before I share anything about us, I think about it first, and decide if I thought it would be something he'd be OK with, regardless that he'd never even know I wrote it. Some people are more open to sharing, I'm not one of them. Something like having a baby to me is kinda sacred. Of course, I'd share with my closest girlfriends, and maybe a few others, but that's it. It's not taboo, or embarrassing, or a forbidden topic, but it's something people like me prefer to keep private. Not everybody is an open book
                              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Dangit. You quoted me, and now I see that I had a stray comma. Now I can't fix it.
                                Sorry, sorry! How about I spel things rong 2 make u fele beter?

Comment

Working...
                                X