No announcement yet.

Planning children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The April talk went well. We decided to let things be for the time being. I can't have kids right now because of work anyway. The trip before last (in fact right after we moved in together, on a nice dinner out), SO told me he doesn't think he will want kids on his own. A little unsure what he means, because before he has been very keen on the thought of me pregnant at some point. I am not even sure if he knows what he means. At least he meant I need not take out the IUD just yet. He is very happy the why we do things now, having our own place and all at least until fall.

Anyway the boys will meet again in a few weeks and me and him will spend a total of three weeks together this summer, I am sure there will be lots of talking. The way I see it, in a couple if years I am getting pregnant, it is just a matter of how and by whom and the rest. I imagine there will be many rounds of talking until we settle what we want.
    Last edited by differentcountries; June 22, 2014, 12:45 PM.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Me and my SO will be together in 2016 forever. She has a child from her previous marriage. I haven't had any yet and always wanted to. She wants to have one with me but doesn't want to prolong it for too long as age increases risks in birth defects. We are looking at trying about 7 months before we are able to be together. That way if she does get pregnant right away then I will be there long before the birth. I don't like the idea of her being pregnant without me there to care for her and pamper her, but it is a compromise for us both. I can understand why ur SO wants to be there while ur pregnant. It's being a part of the whole experience. Something I will only be able to experience every now and again during our visits, but being there during the end is the most important time. We also look at the fact that immediate pregnancy is not assured so having some time to try will increase our chances before she is past the age when she no longer wants to accept the risks. I definitely wouldn't want her to have a baby without me there. There's a lot that happens that you want to be there for. To experience first hand.

Comment

My fiance and I have an almost 6 month old daughter together we fix not plan to have her and was using protection but we still ended up getting pregnant. We had had the talk about having kids together a few months before I got pregnant. When I actually found out I was pregnant and told him he thought I h as d planed for it to happen. I hadn't of course but the thought still crossed his mind because of the talk a few months prior. I loved being pregnant but hated the fact that he was not able to be there for any of my Dr appointments. I scheduled an ultrasound in his town because I wanted him you be able to see our daughter and he was also here got here error delivery but I still wish he wouldn't have missed so much. Out daughter missed her due date by 2 hours and 5 minutes and I to this day say it was because she was waiting for her daddy to get here to make her entrance .

Comment

I had a pregnancy scare the other day, or rather, my husband had one. He was convinced I was pregnant because I had not been feeling well and no period, and "I am sure you are super fertile like your mum ". Turned out I I do not have the power to overrun the IUV, I was just sick and my period a little late. It gets harder to wait because my husband is so obviously babycraving. But in a couple of months time, my work goes from temporary to steady. We have gotten loan to buy a bigger flat, so we are in the middle of the process of buying /selling, to get one or two more bedrooms.

Meanwhile, boyfriend has gotten his visitor visa of one month approved, he comes here in a week and a half. I have stayed with boyfriend parttime in our flat in Turkey for one season, and we have payed deposit on a new flat for the upcoming season. I will be able to fly to himfor at least one week a month this year, so we will see quite a lot of each other. For 2016, we have loosely discussed him getting a job in Norway. Turns out one of his old guests owns a restaurant in my nearby city and has offered him a job there . That will require him to learn basic Norwegian this year, I will help him do that. As these plans progress, the baby talk will naturally come up.
          Last edited by differentcountries; January 31, 2015, 06:09 AM.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Your situation is always very mind opening to me. I wasn't on this site when you originally posted this thread, but it's been an enlightening read. I haven't met my SO yet, but of course being my age, the thought has occured to me. Thanks for being so open about this. I know it's a sensitive subject. I'd be interested in how this topic progresses.

<3
            "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Guess now that we're married, we'll keep saving up and start trying for babies by the end of this year

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                Guess now that we're married, we'll keep saving up and start trying for babies by the end of this year
                Sounds like a sweet plan

Comment

Husband and I talked about trying to get me pregnant by the end of the year. That's six months to get more healthy and save up. I said to SO that we have had this talk and I want his opinion. I feel happy and strangely shy about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X