My LDR Story :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LDR Story :)

I've been a member of this site for a few months now, and I recently realized that I've never really told anyone my full story. So here it goes! (This is going to be long, just FYI ^^)

It was August 2011. I was headed over to my grandma's house to spend the afternoon with her. My grandma and I live in the same city, and we have a very close relationship, so I'm at her house a lot. A few days before, she had told me that she had a new international student from Germany renting a room in her house. For the past few years, my grandma had been renting rooms in her house to foreign students who came to study abroad at the university in our city, California State University, Fullerton (where I attend as well). I had met some of her international boarders in the past, but most of them didn't speak English very well, so our interaction was limited.
    Anyways, after I got to my grandma's house and chatted with her for a bit, I went upstairs to work on my computer. A few minutes later, I saw this guy walk into the room. My first thought was that he was really handsome He introduced himself as Lascha, the new German student. I couldn't help but think that he had a really sexy accent, too We talked for a bit about university, and then he went on his way. The whole rest of the day, though, I couldn't stop thinking about him! For some strange reason, I just felt drawn to him.

Fast forward to a few weeks later: I had seen Lascha at my grandma's house a few times after our initial meeting, but we never talked for that long because he always had somewhere to be. But, whenever we talked, I always felt that first spark like I did from the first time we talked. I couldn't understand why, though, and it was driving me crazy!! One day while I was at her house, he asked me if I would like to see a movie with him, as he had two free tickets to the theater. I immediately agreed, and I couldn't help but to be excited
    A few days later, we went to see the movie Contagion and then went out to eat at California Pizza Kitchen. The movie was just ok, but it was the conversation afterwards that was the best part
    Lascha and I talked for hours about our lives. It's so strange, because even though I barely knew him at all, I felt like I could tell him anything! We had such a strong connection that it really shocked me and scared me a bit, to be honest. After I took him back to my grandma's house and went home, I felt sad that we couldn't spend more time together.

As the weeks went by, I would see Lascha more and more often at my grandma's house. I would tell myself that I was going to my grandma's house so often to spend time with her, but that was only half the truth! Our connection was growing deeper and deeper, and I although I didn't want to admit it to myself at the time, I knew I was falling in love with him. I guess some of my family members noticed it too, because they would ask me why I was spending so much time with him. I would brush it off and say that I just liked him as a friend, but deep down, I knew that was a lie.

Before I knew it, December 2011 had rolled around, and the Fall semester was coming to an end. Lascha was supposed to go home to Germany a few days after the semester ended, and whenever he or anyone else would mention it, I felt sick to my stomach. I couldn't imagine him leaving...it was just too painful to think about
    A few days before he was leaving, he invited me out to dinner. It was supposed to be our last time hanging out before he left. For some reason, I was really nervous and excited about it, and when I picked him up, I could tell he was nervous, too! We went out to eat at BJ's, and as soon as we got there, he ordered quite a large amount of liquor ^^ We had a really nice conversation as usual, but he was acting a bit strange..not like I had seen him act before. Finally, he told me that he had to tell me something, but he wasn't sure how to say it. I could tell he was really nervous, so I told him to take his time. Finally, he looked me in my eyes and said, "Emily, I don't know how this is going to affect our friendship, but I just couldn't leave California without telling you that I am completely in love with you." <3
    I felt like I was on Cloud Nine!! I couldn't believe it....it was like my dream had come true!! I did not hesitate in saying that I was in love with him too That night was the first night we spent together, and it was one of the most amazing nights of my life <3
    Fortunately, Lascha decided to extend his stay for 2 more weeks so that we could spend quality time together
    We were joined at the hip for those 2 weeks until he finally had to go home His departure was heartbreaking for me, but he promised that we would see each other again. And boy, was he right! It's been almost two years since that night at BJ's, and we're still happier than ever
    I never thought that I would fall in love with a man who lived 6,000 miles away from me...but I did, and I wouldn't trade our relationship for anything in the world. I love him so incredibly much, and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us! <3

Thanks for reading!

I love your story, Emily ! So romantic !

Comment

Originally posted by abna1 View Post
      I love your story, Emily ! So romantic !
      Aww, thank you!!

Comment

Very cute story!! And yes, very romantic

Comment

aaaaw.. beautiful!

Comment

Thanks guys!!

Comment

This is one beautiful story! Love it!

Comment

Working...
              X