Disaster in Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disaster in Philippines

I don't remember where but up to 10,000 are dead I believe and it is going up. My bf is volunteering for 10 days to go up there and help out as an emt, he speaks tagolog since he is filipino so he would really be able to help out.

I'm proud of him and this is great for his experience since he is in college for paremedic. I wish I was not worried though, I felt a lot more upset earlier which seems stupid since it's something really important and its only 10 days and 10 days in a long distance relationship seems easy. I mean I am close distance now so it should be a walk in the park.

I just got this weird feeling like he was never coming back lol, well anyhow I am very proud of him and thought I would share how awesome he is to go up there and help out all the people who got injured.

You must be very proud of him!
    And wow, 10,000 dead...so, so tragic

Comment

I'm full Filipino, and have family in the Philippines. Although I don't have any relatives in Tacloban, I can't imagine how it would feel to lose my relatives that way. Props to your SO for community service

Comment

I believe the death toll so far is 2,500 because I heard on the news earlier this evening that 'they' (whoever they are) estimated at least 10,000 deaths but it wasn't anywhere near there as of that time. I hope I heard that correctly.

That is awesome of your SO to go and help! Go him! Don't worry. Those 10 days will fly by and you'll just have to keep remembering all the good he will be doing.
        sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

God this is bullshit, the company that got everyone together to go down to the Philippines expected everyone to buy there own supplies and there own food.

My boyfriend was going to go down there to help but we don't have that kind of money. I feel bad, he was really excited.
          Last edited by oxytocinbite; November 14, 2013, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Aw gee, I'm sorry to hear that . I hope everything works out for him though. It'd be great if he could help out, that storm was awful ;(.

Comment

Honestly I am confused, the website said they would pay for it. I'm just going to stop posting until I fully understand what is happening. Sorry x)

Comment

We have some filipino members and members with SO's who live in the Philippines so I've been meaning to say something about it here to see how everyone is doing. It's really troubling.

Comment

Okay, he is leaving tomorrow. We got all the confusion settled, lots of phonecalls were made on his part. I am glad he can go, his mom kind of flipped out though.

I am going to miss him like crazy but I want him to have this opportunity and I support him always. Even if it means getting upset on my half because I will worry about him to death.

Comment

I hope all the members from Phillipines (or their SOs) are doing well! It's terrible what happened

Comment

I'm sending him safe travel and safe return vibes. That is going to be a wonderful deed and a very humbling experience.

Comment

Originally posted by talim View Post
                        I hope all the members from Phillipines (or their SOs) are doing well! It's terrible what happened
                        I agree. Best wishes to those members from the Philippines, and to those of you who have SOs from there, I hope all is well with your SO and their family. I couldn't imagine being in your shoes.
                        sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

My so is okay, he is gone now though..no contact for 10 days or a little more. I am going to go crazy xD

I hope they get a lot of help there, I know it's a disaster zone..so it's really not okay for a lot of them. My boyfriend will help as many as he can.

I guess people are not getting food and there have been a lot of bad things happening..

Comment

Working...
                          X